1. I am a guest blogger at Borders' True Romance for Sunday, September 26:
|Photo from http://www.wordwenches.com/|
2. This weekend the Blue Angels are the highlight of the 21st Annual Kaneohe Bay Air Show at Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH). http://www.kaneohebayairshow.com/. This website has fabulous photos of MCBH.
|Photo from http://www.pdphoto.org/|
Given the large crowds and limited parking, my family took a short cut - we drove up the Pali Highway and stopped at the Nu‘uanu Pali Overlook. It offers a panoramic look over Kaneohe Bay and we watched the Blue Angels perform their stunts.
|Photo from http://www.wikipedia.com/|
|Image from http://www.halekoa.com/|
4. The H-3 interstate highway from Pearl Harbor to Kaneohe Bay was closed last Monday to film scenes for Universal Pictures' Battleship - a movie based on a board game.
|Photo from Time Magaine Blog (see below)|
But here's a snarky article I found from Time Magazine:
And more information about the movie:
5. According to the ratings, 14 million viewers watched the new Hawaii Five-O last Monday night!
|Photo from http://www.cbs.com/|
My children watched it the next day on tape (as it broadcast past their bedtime). Their assessment:
Andrew (13): " I like it but I thought they introduced the characters too fast. I like the references to the original show."
David (9): "My favorite part was when the bad guy in the opening scene said "Boom" just as the bad guys' helicopter attacked the military convoy."
And I talked about it all week with anyone who would listen.
Garrett from Royal Hawaiian Express: "It was fun to watch."
Norm, retired Coast Guardsmen and Thrift Shop volunteer, "The opening scene takes place at the Kualoa Ranch where the dinosaurs ran free in Jurassic Park." When asked about the closing scene, "The Coast Guard would not dive for a dead body. It would be the responsibility of the Honolulu Police Department or Fire Department."
|Photo from http://www.freefoto.com/|
Let's giveaway some books from my goodie closet - I have a wide assortment of Harlequin titles!
To request a book:
1. Leave a comment about Borders' True Romance Blog, Blue Angels, Oktoberfest, Battleship, and/or Hawaii Five O!
2. Send your top three preferences and mailing address to email@example.com
3. When you receive the books, please email the author to thank her for supporting SOS Aloha!
The book giveaway is open only to US residents due to mailing costs. However, I will mail a Hawaiian treat to any international reader who sends his/her mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join me tomorrow for a surprise guest!
Kim in Hawaii
Harlequin Family Titles for Book Giveaway:
Pamela Britton, On the Move
Victoria Dahl, Crazy in Love
Cindy Dees, The Longest Night*
Helen Kay Dimon, Night Moves*
Delores Fossen, The Horseman's Son*
Kristan Higgins, The Next Best Thing
Lisa Jackson, Lone Stallion's Lady, Matt (The McCaffertys), Slade (The McCaffertys)
Geri Krotow, Sasha's Dad*
Susan Mallery, Sweet Talk
Catherine Mann, Awaken to Danger, Private Maneuvers, The Captive's Return*
Courtney Milan, Proof of Seduction
Julie Miller, At Your Command, Beauty and the Badge, Out of Control*
Linda Lael Miller, Tate (McKettricks of Texas)
Bronwyn Scott, Untamed Rogue Scandalous Mistress
Gena Showalter, Into the Dark
Rebecca York, Powerhouse*
* I offer a special Blue Angels salute to those authors connected to DOD!
|Fly, fight, and win!|