Aloha from Hawaii! We have some winners ...
- Jennifer Hart / Navy Gift Set: Kerri
- Diane Whiteside's The Devil She Knows: Johanna
- Linda Banche / Regency Gift Sets: Stephanie and Jessica
- Hawaii for the Holidays Gift Set: Miss Kallie and Kribss
- Small Towns with Big Heats Gift Sets: Carol and Lauren
- Viva Las Vegas: Ann
- USO Gift Sets: Emily and Izzy
- I am a winner by return to warm weather.
- And Hawaii is a winner with the arrival of the First Family. Putting aside political opinions, Hawaii wins in tourism when celebrities, such as the Obamas, vacation in the Aloha State. Last night, the First Lady, First Daughters, and the First Dog arrvied at Hickam Field. They were whisked away to their rental home in Kailua (near the Marine Corps Base in Kaneohe Bay).
|Bo is ready for Hawaii!|
Last year, the First Dog was not able to join them as a junior staffer did not coordinate the required paperwork. Hawaii has a strict quarantine program and would not make an exception for the First Family. This year, the First Family followed the protocol just as military families moving to Hawaii:
- 120 days before flight, beloved family pet undergoes a blood test to determine if the pet is rabies free.
- 10 days before flight, beloved family pet is examined by a vet. Family must submit paperwork for blood test, health examination, and $165 check to the State of Hawaii.
- At the departure airport, beloved family pet is crated for under the aircraft transportation (I'm sure the First Dog flew in the main cabin).
- Upon arrival in Hawaii, beloved family pet is unloaded from aircraft and transported to the Agricultural Center for one more physical exam. Most military families can claim their beloved family pets about an hour after landing. But the local paper reported that the First Dog would be examined by an Air Force vet. So the First Dog is also a winner this week!
|Perhaps Bo will learn to Boogie Board ...|
In honor of the First Dog's first visit to Hawaii, I am giving away four Hawaiian luggage tags. To enter the giveaway,
1. If you have a pet, leave a comment about him/her! The more, the merrier!
2. If you don't have a pet, leave a comment about your favorite holiday tradition.
3. This giveaway is open to all readers. Comments will be open through Tuesday, December 21.
Kim in Hawaii
This week we have three special guests:
- Monday, December 20: Historical author Delilah Marvelle joins us for a scavenger hunt to promote her new book, Prelude to a Scandal, as part of her new Scandal Series.
- Tuesday, December 21: Paranormal author Karin Harlow joins us for a fun interview to promote her latest book, Enemy Lover, part of the new series of hot heroes, L.O.S.T. - Last Option Special Team.
- Wednesday, December 22: Historical author Jennifer Childers joins us for a glimpse into her debut book, Kindertransport.
I thank Delilah, Karin, and Jennifer for their flexibility - they were scheduled to appear last week but graciously agreed to a new date during my emergency trip to Tampa.