Aloha! Before we dive into finale for Book Blogger Appreciation Week, my son reminded me this morning ....
HAWAII FIVE O Season Two premieres Monday, September 19, 10 pm EST on your local CBS. Six hours later, it will make its network premiere in Hawaii at 9 pm on KGMB (Channel 7 on Pearl Harbor).
After last season's cliffhanger, we need a hero. Terry O'Quinn from LOST is that hero. Naturally he plays a Navy Seal .... expect a recap here at SOS Alona on Tuesday!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming .... have you enjoyed Book Blogger Appreciation Week? I am a guest blogger today - I share how my blog has united romance readers with military families at this link. Comments welcome!
BBAW 's topic of the day is:
The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you feel are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.
Good question! For me, three essentials are:
- be positive in interviews and be constructive in reviews
- be clear about giveaways (what is prize, who is eligible, how to enter, etc.)
- be open to supporting new authors, new bloggers, and new adventures!
New trends? I find myself a day late and a dollar short ... so I'll just add to my essential list:
- develop the right balance between too short and too long with interviews, reviews, and spotlights
- comment on other blogs to make yourself known among readers
- find your niche. Obviously, mine is the military and Hawaii.
So now it's your turn, fellow bloggers and readers! Can you recommend essential practices? What would you like to see (and not see) on book blogs? I am giving away a book of choice from my RWA stash to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment with your blog essentials or suggestions.
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, September 17, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winners on Sunday, September 18.
Kim in Hawaii
Kudos to Amy Riley for founding and coordinating BBAW! From the BBAW website:
Amy Riley blogs at My Friend Amy, a space devoted to talking about books, pop culture arts and their influence on our lives. Amy also writes for The Friendly Book Nook, and is the founder of Book Blogger Appreciation Week. She believes that the power of the written word can change lives and that literacy is a right for all. Amy makes her home in Southern California and is still mourning the loss of LOST.
Perhaps Amy has become a fan of Hawaii Five O with LOST alumni Daniel Dae Kim ... and now Terry O'Quinn! Mahalo, Amy, for your extra efforts to share with book readers!
|Daniel Dae Kim (right) welcomes Terry O'Quinn |
to Hawaii Five O.