Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Forever's DARKNESS FALLS BLOG TOUR, Part 2, Kendra Leigh Castle's SHADOW RISING
Let's play six degrees of separation with Kendra Leigh Castle!
1. On this day in 1782, General George Washington designated the Badge of Military Merit, the predecessor of the Purple Heart.
2. The Purple Heart was awarded to Lieutenant Kenneth Taylor, US Army fighter pilot, for his actions on December 7, 1941. While under fire, he took off and shot down four Japanese dive bombers.
3. From Kendra's bio, she "ran off with a handsome young Navy fighter pilot and has somehow accumulated three children, three dogs, and one enormous cat during their many moves."
4. Navy fighter pilots from the USS Nimitz participated in RIMPAC 2012.
5. RIMPAC is a biannual naval exercise with allies from the Pacific Rim, drawn together by their common goal for regional security.
6. In Kendra's new novel, SHADOW RISING,
Ancient Secrets, Dark Passions . . .
As one of the Grigori, a noble vampire dynasty shrouded in mystery, Ariane has spent her life hidden away in the desert. Like all of her kind, she is a watcher, fated to observe, forbidden to act. Yet when her best friend Sammael vanishes, she defies all rules and flees her safe haven to bring him home.
A shape-shifting assassin for the House of Shadows, Damien Tremaine is hired to locate Sammael. His hunt for the wayward Grigori leads him to Ariane, the rogue vamp who stands between him and his bounty. Damien never lets emotion interfere with his work, but a single touch from the sexy, beguiling vampire shatters his self-control. Drawn together by their common goal, what begins as an alliance of necessity soon becomes one of desire. But when the secret at the dark heart of the Grigori comes to light, Damien and Ariane must make a choice that could bind them eternally . . . or tear them-and everything they care about-apart.
Forever is giving away print copies of Kendra's SHADOW RISING and Cynthia Garner's SECRET OF THE WOLF to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about shadows - do they scare you or intrigue you?
2. This giveaway is open to US residents only. I'll giveaway a Hawaii "tattoo" prize to an international reader (in honor of the tattoo covers).
3. Comments are open through Saturday, August 4, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 5.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about Kendra and her books, check out her website at kendraleighcastle.com.
Check out Part 1 with Cynthia Garner at this link.