Aloha! Social media connects me to Romance Readers. It bridges the gap between Hawaii and the world. But it can also be a time suck for readers, authors, and bloggers. What is the best balance between reading, blogging, and connecting?
I want to write an article for RWA's magazine, ROMANCE WRITERS REPORT. It published articles from authors about social media ... but I have a different perspective as a blogger. I seek your input - as a reader - to social media!
1. What social media do you use to learn more about Romanceland - websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, or other?
2. Whose social media do you use to learn more about Romanceland - authors? publishers? individual bloggers? group bloggers? Other? Feel free to name your top five, other than mine, of course!
3. Do you think blog tours are effective for authors to reach readers? Do you follow a favorite author to all the stops on the blog tour? Do you prefer author interviews, guest posts, or some other content on blog tours?
4. What is the best way for a newly published author to reach you as a reader?
5. What is the best way for a long published author to reach you as a reader, other than writing great books?
6. How much time do you spend on social media in Romanceland each day? How much time do you spend reading each day?
7. Anything else you would like to contribute?
|Sing, sing a song, sing out loud about your love of books!|
If you would like to be heard, please send your input to email@example.com. All input is confidential and will only be used in generic reference in any article I may write.
Meanwhile, let's giveaway a book choice from my convention stash! To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about your plans for the weekend - decorating for Halloween? making special treats? reading an engaging book? Or something else?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, November 3, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 4.
Kim in Hawaii
Oh, let's talk about my social media! I use social media to post the link to my daily blog entry on:
Twitter @sosaloha at this link.
Facebook - New page for SOS Aloha Book Blog at this link.
Facebook - SOS Aloha at this link.
Travel blog - ALOHA ON MY MIND at this link.