Time to play Six Degrees of Separation!
1. On this day in 1913, iconic actress Vivien Leigh was born as as Vivian Mary Hartley in Darjeeling, India. In her most famous role, Leigh played Scarlet O'Hara who sought a second change with Rhett Butler.
2. Darjeeling is nestled in the Himalayas, renowned for its tea industry and a popular locale for British expats. It is seeking a second chance at a tourism trade with its Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
|Image by A.M.Hurrell from Wikipedia|
Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, selected in 2010. Its designation gives the marine life and Hawaiian culture a second chance at preservation.
4. Hawaiian culture holds sacred the "jumping point" to the afterlife, giving Hawaiians a second chance with their ohana (family). On Oahu, it is Ka'ena Point near Yokohama Bay. On Maui, it is the Black Rock on Ka'anapali Beach.
|The road to Ka'ena Point (windward side)|
5. My husband's family volunteers at the National Museum of the Air Force, near Dayton, Ohio. The museum gives historic aircraft a second chance to tell their story to new generations.
6. Ohio is the setting for Christine Nolfi's SECOND CHANCE GRILL:
Second Chance Grill is the prequel to Treasure Me, 2012 Next Generation Indie Awards Finalist, which The Midwest Book Review calls “A riveting read for those who enjoy adventure fiction, highly recommended.”
Dr. Mary Chance needs a sabbatical from medicine to grieve the loss of her closest friend. But when she inherits a struggling restaurant in Liberty, Ohio she isn’t prepared for Blossom Perini. Mary can’t resist falling for the precocious preteen—or the girl’s father. The bond they forge will transform all their lives and set in motion an outpouring of love that spreads across America.
Welcome back to Liberty, where the women surrounding the town’s only restaurant are as charming as they are eccentric.
|West Liberty's tractor parade|
Image by Nyttend from Wikipedia
Christine is giving away a copy of SECOND CHANCE GRILL - winner's choice of format - to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway, leave a comment about a place you would like to visit on UNESCO World Heritage at this link. Comments are open through Saturday, November 10, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 11.
Kim in Hawaii