It is my distinct privilege to spotlight Mia Marlowe's TOUCH OF A SCOUNDREL on its release day:
It’s a matter of honor, duty… and desire…
Griffin Nash, Earl of Devonwood, wants to believe that he’s seducing Miss Emmaline Farnsworth out of protectiveness for his young brother. After all, if his brother is convinced that the tantalizing professor’s daughter is unworthy of his trust, perhaps Teddy will lose all interest in such an inappropriate choice for his station. But in truth, something else motivates Griffin: a scintillating vision of a future tryst with the lovely Emmaline. A vision too realistic to be doubted—and too scaldingly passionate to be denied.
Yet Emmaline is not as easily tempted as Griffin might have hoped—nor is she actually in pursuit of a wealthy husband. No, the real reason for her visit to the manor is something much more shocking… though being enticed by a dashing earl may prove to be a most welcome by-product of her schemes.
|Mia having at adventure at RT/2011.|
This story is as gorgeous as the dress on the cover! To celebrate TOUCH OF A SCOUNDREL, let's play Six Degrees of Separation with Mia!
1. From Mia's bio, "Mia would rather have an adventure than a new sofa."
2. Seeking to finance a fictitious adventure to Egypt, Emmaline Farnsworth sets her sights on the Nash family.
|The Subsiding of the Nile - Frederick Goodall 1822 - 1904|
3. Farnsworth is the name of Warren Beatty's character in HEAVEN CAN WAIT. In the movie, Farnsworth plays the soprano saxophone.
4. Also from Mia's bio, "A classically trained soprano, she won the District Metropolitan Opera Auditions and has shared a stage with Placido Domingo."
|Mia in a corset, ready to sing opera!|
5. Domingo made his operatic debut as Alfredo in LA TRAVIATA in 1961. LA TRAVIATA translates as "the woman who goes astray".
6. Emmaline Farnsworth may have "gone astray" if not for Lord Devonwood's prediction that they would find passion together.
|Mia having an adventure in Hawaii!|
I posted my review of TOUCH OF A SCOUNDREL on Amazon at this link and Goodreads at this link. In honor of Emmaline Farnsworth in Victorian England, I am giving away a souvenir from the Queen Emma's Summer Palace (as she was close friends with Queen Victoria). To enter the giveaway,
- Leave a comment about where you would like to have an adventure.
- This giveaway is open to all readers.
- Comments are open through Saturday, August 4, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 5.
Kim in Hawaii
To learn more about Mia and her books, check out her website at www.miamarlowe.com.
A Rock*It Reads