Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Aloha to Lynne Silver and HOT NIGHTS WITH THE FIREMAN

It is my honor to host Lynne Silver - she lives in nearby Washington, DC.  Lynne belongs to my sorority, Delta Gamma. And she grew up in my home town of Miami.  From her bio,

Romance author, Lynne Silver, writes the popular Coded for Love series and other hot contemporary romance novels, such as Love, Technically. Before writing romance, she wrote fiction of a different sort, drafting press releases for technology corporations. Washington DC is her home (non) state, where she resides with her husband and two sons.

Lynne joins me for a cozy chat ...

Kim:  What is your favorite memory of South Florida?

Lynne:  My favorite memory of South Florida… I grew up surrounded by my whole family in Miami. Every Saturday, we’d visit Miami Beach and swim, dig in the sand and I’d be feted and clucked over by my grandmother and her bridge-playing, sun-bathing gal pals. On Sundays, we’d head to my other grandparents for Sunday dinner along with my aunts, uncles and cousins. We’d try to break coconuts, pick lemons from their trees and swim. As a kid and teenager, I probably grumbled about so much family time, but as an adult, I realize how special it was to be that close with my family. Growing up in Miami was fun, but it’s a very different place than it is now. South Beach was a retirement community, the Marlins and the Heat weren’t expansion teams yet, and I lived ½ mile from the old Parrot Jungle. My friends and I would ride our bikes and go there after school. We were (are) die-hard Hurricane fans, and we went to all the games at the Orange Bowl. We also went to the team practices, where basically everyone would show up and exchange high-five with the players.

Kim:  What inspired your new series?

Lynne:  My new series was inspired when my cousin, who lives in Manhattan, called me a few years ago and said, “I just went to the dermatologist, and Bernie Madoff’s niece was signed in before me! She was hiding in the corner with a hood on her face.” Either Madoff’s niece has a serious embarrassing skin condition or she was ashamed to show her face in public because of her Uncle’s actions. My plot bunnies started hopping- what would happen if you were the totally innocent relative of a very public criminal? And so, In Bed with the Bodyguard was born. In the book, the heroine’s best friend clearly had a story to tell, and so I wrote that too. That book is Hot Nights with the Fireman.

This book was one of those struggles. It didn’t come easy. There were a bazillion drafts, each one more crazy than the next. I was never quite satisfied with it, until my editor at Forever Yours, helped me wrestle it into shape. Now I love it sooo much. I hope you do too.

Lynne is celebrating the release of HOT NIGHTS WITH THE FIREMAN:

Everyone in Washington, DC, knows that when the heat is on, you call Valerie Wainright. This brilliant, brassy PR maven can spin any hot scandal, and she's never let a client ruffle her feathers. Yet when she agrees to teach DC's bravest how to handle a media frenzy, she faces an entirely different kind of fire. Keeping things all business and no pleasure is far harder than she expected.

After steamy photos ignite the Internet, firefighter Jason Moore instantly goes from hero to bad boy. While he couldn't care less about an online rep, he cares a lot about his job and saving lives. If Valerie can help clear his name, he'll do what she says-even if it means forcing himself to keep his hands off her. But beneath Valerie's cool cover, Jason feels a smoldering desire that lights his own. And this is one inferno he'll definitely want to stoke . .

I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Miami, the Magic City?  I lived in the suburb of Coral Gables, where most of the streets were named after Spanish cities.  My house sat on the corner of Madrid and Sorolla Avenues.  Spanish architecture is popular throughout Coral Gables.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 18, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 19.


Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Coming October 2015


  1. I've been to Miami a couple of times. We would spend a couple days in Miami before our cruise ship would leave for the Caribbean.

  2. We have never been to Miami. I tried to get my husbands to at least drive through it on our way to Key West, but he wouldn't. I was navigating and was angling him over to it, but we hit heavy traffic and lots of construction. He wanted to know why we were stuck so I had to fess up and navigate us back to the west and south. We were running late on the way back and I couldn't talk him into it then either. Maybe I'll have more success another trip.

  3. I only know about Miami from watching TV shows.

  4. Don't know much about Miami, but I saw Miami Vice on tv. Does that count...

  5. I don't know anything about Miami. I do know the airport is huge and would be very easy to get lost in it.

  6. I have to admit that I know a little about Miami.....but I do love
    Cuban sandwiches.

  7. I was in Miami for a bit helping to process refugees during the Cuban/Haitian boat lift.

  8. The only thing I know of Miami s from watching Miami Vice when I was younger.

  9. We got on a cruise ship in Miami many, many years ago so I'm afraid we didn't get to see much of the city.

  10. Next Feb we plan to spend a few days in Miami when we are in Florida. Looking forward to it!

  11. I went to Miami Beach once when I was a kid.

  12. Never been to Miami but I have lived in Florida. The heat is awful but it is a beautiful place!

  13. I've never been to Miami, but I've always been attracted to how bright & sunny with gorgeous blue water it has based on tv shows & movies that have been filmed there.

  14. I've never been to Miami, but I would love to visit the beach.

  15. This author is new to me. I have never been to Miami.

  16. I don't know anything about Miami.
    Helen L.

  17. I lived in Florida until I was 9, but we never made it as far south as Miami. I know very little about the city.