Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday in Washington: Spotlight on Lynne Silver - Washington Loves Readers Luncheon (October 8, 2016)

Last week, I shared the news that the Washington Romance Writers (WRW) are hosting the Washington Loves Readers Luncheon on Saturday, October 8, 2016 at this link.  I would like to spotlight the authors attending the luncheon. Let's start with the organizer, Lynne Silver.  From her bio,

Lynne Silver, award winning author, began her writing career at a very young age publishing scads of books with crayon and construction paper. In college, she abandoned her craft to study other authors’ novels with a focus on American Literature. Her professional career had her writing fiction of a different sort. She drafted press releases and marketing communications for technology companies. After the birth of her children, she focused on her own fiction career writing several terrible novels before joining the Romance Writers of America and the Washington Romance Writers to perfect her craft. She lives in Washington, D.C. with her husband and two children.

I am giving away a digital copy of Lynne's latest novel, IN DEEP WITH THE FBI AGENT, Book 3 in the Alpha Heroes series:

To Casey, Montgomery Prep isn't just DC's most prestigious private school-it's her alma mater, the place where her fondest memories were made. It's also her current employer and the target of a dangerous cyber criminal. But even more shocking than the crime is the sexy FBI agent who comes to investigate . . .

With his six-plus frame and gym-sculpted body, no one would suspect FBI special agent Sam Cooper was once an awkward teenage computer geek-no one, that is, except Casey, the gorgeous girl who captured his heart on the first day of high school and held it for the last fourteen years. When a hunt for a hacker brings Casey back into Sam's life, his long-denied desire becomes impossible to ignore. He knows just how to make her forget the boy he was . . . and show her the man he's become.


To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about your favorite candy.  From her Goodreads page, Lynne enjoys M&Ms.  I'm partial to Heath Bars.

2. Comments are open through Saturday, March 26, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, March 27.


Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Lynne and her books at



  1. Twix :) chocolate, biscuit and caramel mmmm.

  2. Almond Joys!!! Thanks for the fun spotlight!

  3. I love Snickers followed by Three Musketeers.

  4. heath bars are delightful, but I'd take peppermint patties or junior mints anyday!!!

  5. Reeses peanut butter cups, and peanut M&Ms.

  6. Cadbury's Flakes are my favorite. I order them from

  7. You all are getting me hungry! I'm a sucker for anything with caramel and chocolate. (and M&Ms), Oh...and Peppermint Patties and Junior Mints. And Twizzlers. Ok, I might have a bit of a sweet tooth. Thanks Kim, for spotlighting me. ANd now I'm off to go find some sugar!

  8. It constantly changes but I now love dark chocolate - just no coconut lol.

  9. Almond Snickers are my absolute favorite that I can get anytime. Except when I'm in the mood for toffee - then it's Heath Bars. Sees Nuts and Caramel box is a super special treat -- and I restrain myself and don't eat all the candy at once.

  10. Snickers or Almond Joy

  11. My favorite candy used to be anything chocolate. But five years ago I had to give up a lot of acidic foods because of recurring health problems. Chocolate was one of the things I had to give up along with citrus and some nuts. Sigh. A bummer. But now my favorite candy is Mike & Ike (original flavors). I can go through a whole box all by myself while I'm reading! I'm so bad . . .

  12. Lynne's covers are yummy just like a chilled Mars candy bar on a hot summer day. Oh yeah...that's the good stuff.

  13. Plain Hershey bars, Nestle's Crunch and any dk choc mocha/cappucino truffles.

  14. Any Hersey candy

  15. I love all chocolate!