The Hawaiian word of the day is
It is anniversary.
Today I celebrate SOS Aloha's third anniversary. Achieving this milestone would not be possible without:
- Mary Gramlich (at this link) for encouraging me to make the leap into Bloggerland;
- Terry (at this link) for teaching me how to post pictures and hyperlinks;
- Rhonda Penders from The Wild Rose Press (at this link) for donating 200 books in October 2010. Her generous gift took my six-month-old blog to a new level.
I also appreciate the readers, authors, publishers, and publicists who gave me the opportunity to share my voice in Romanceland.
This anniversary brings me to a crossroad. As my blog grew, so did my inbox. Keeping up with my inbox has been a challenge while my husband has been away in Korea. And the biggest challenge is yet to come in July - we are moving to Baltimore for my husband's next assignment. I am sad to leave Hawaii but look forward to the new opportunities on the East Coast. To facilitate the move, I am taking a six month break from SOS Aloha. My last post will be April 1.
Of course I want to keep my big toe in Romanceland, so I will be a guest blogger with Mary Gramlich at marygramlich.blogspot.com. This gives me more time to review books while herding my kids to our new home. I will still post pictures on ALOHA ON MY MIND (at this link) even after I move as I plan to take the Aloha Spirit with me.
In honor of my third anniversary, I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash. To enter the giveaway,
1. Would you like to live in another city?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, March 9, 10 pm in Hawaii. I'll post the winner on Sunday, March 10.
Kim in Hawaii