Thursday, April 27, 2017

Aloha to Beach Blanket Bingo, Maggie Mae Gallagher, and ASCENDED (The Cantati Chronicles)


We are less than a week away from the RT Booklovers' Convention (link).  I'm packing up my goodies for Beach Blanket Bingo (link),

Join Annette Funicello (Kim Rocha) & Frankie Avalon (Kim Lowe) for a special edition of Book Cover Bingo. Expect spontaneous singing, dancing and flirting with lifeguards inspired by the beloved 60s film. Readers will join sun-loving authors at their favorite beaches and compete for the book laden gift baskets ... perfect for the sand and surf!

I am looking forward to seeing (again) my fellow college alumni, Maggie Mae Gallagher - she attended the University of Tampa several years after I graduated.  From her bio (link),

Born in St. Louis, Missouri, Maggie grew up listening to Cardinals baseball and reading anything she could get her hands on. She remembers her mother saying if only she would read the right type of books instead binging her way through the romance aisles at the bookstore, she’d have been a doctor. While Maggie never did get that doctorate, she graduated cum laude from the University of Missouri-St. Louis with an M.A. in History.

Maggie is a bestselling and award-winning author published in multiple fiction genres. She also writes erotic romance under the name Anya Summers. A total geek at her core, when she is not writing, she adores attending the latest comic con or spending time with her family. She currently lives in the Midwest with her two furry felines.

Maggie Mae Gallagher

Maggie attended the University of Tampa several years after I graduated.  Maggie recently celebrated the release of ASCENDED, Book 3 of the THE CANTATI CHRONICLES:

War. It’s here. The last war of mankind. The winner takes Earth as its prize. 

My name is Alana Devereaux. I am an elite Cantati Forces Lieutenant from Earth’s desolate future. I was sent back through time to save your world. My mission to stop the Mutari faltered. Demons infiltrated our world when the walls between Earth and Infernus fell. Millions died in the first volleys.

The Mutari changed me on an elemental level and my new powers scare the bloody daylights out of me. Formorian Hunters are closing in on my trail with a singular goal, to enact the death warrant placed on my head by their Queen. Now I am running for my life, on a quest to discover a way to kill an immortal on a power trip, stuck between mortal enemies, and everyone else wants me dead.

34835801

For the month of April, I am giving away a box of books from authors attending RT. To enter the giveaway,

1. Let's chat about baseball - my father, like Maggie, grew up listening to Cardinals' on the radio. My oldest son was born on Scott AFB, across the river from St. Louis, so he too is a Cardinals fan.  How about you?

2. Comments are open through Sunday, April 30, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I will be offline from Monday, May 1 - Sunday, May 7.

4. I'll post the winner on Sunday, May 8.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

2080029723250158

Books 1 and 2 in the series 

16 comments:

  1. I'm a big Pittsburgh Pirates fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't really follow it.
    Pattyb43

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicago Cubs.......all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Met Fan all the way.
    Natty's Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big baseball fan. I did attend a game in San Francisco. I am used to watching football and hockey, both of which move much faster. I think the most exciting thing that happened during the baseball game was a cat running out onto the field. My dad was a big baseball fan. He looked forward to watching the games on TV every week. The Yankees were his favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baseball is not a very big sport here. I have never even seen it played.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a fan of baseball

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go with my husband - Detroit Tigers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up a Cincinnati Reds fan and went to a few World Series games in the early 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Question right up my alley. Love baseball, we are a big baseball family, have been a fanatic LA Dodgers fan since he 50's! Have the mlb t.v. pkg and radio pkg.
    ladbookfan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a Yankees fan while some family are Mets
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. not a fan of any particular team, but have had fun at the couple of games I've attended

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to watch the NY Mets, the year they won the World Series. I haven't kept up much lately. Fair weather fan. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a baseball fan except to watch our local little baseball league every now and then.

    ReplyDelete