Thursday, October 19, 2017

Aloha to the Washington Romance Writers (WRW) - Part 2

 

The Washington Romance Writers (WRW) recently hosted the "Hearts to You" Luncheon for readers, bloggers, and librarians.  We received a booklet of featured authors with clues to their square on the bingo cards - it was a fun way to meet new-to-me writers!

Kate Forest, kateforestbooks.com,

I grew up in Manhattan.


35864039

Tracee Garner, teegarner.com,

My first book came out when I was just 23 years old.


Madeline Iva, madelineiva.com,

Sex scenes come first, plot slowly follows

Wicked Apprentice (Wicked Magic Book 1) by [Iva, Madeline]

Harper Kincaid, harperkincaid.com,

The one book that always makes me cry is THE GIVING TREE by Shel Silverstein.  OMG all the feels!

Girl Breaker: A Small-Town, Good Girl Meets Bad Boy Story of Love and Redemption (Break of Through Book 3) by [Kincaid, Harper]

Tracey Livesay, traceylivesay.com,

In LOVE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER, I had a scene where Leighton burns eggs and sets off the smoke alarm. This happens to me all the time.


Kelly Maher, kellymaher.com,

Publishing THE BRIDESMAD AND THE HURRICANE celebrated both my 40th birthday and 20 years of writing fiction.

The Bridesmaid and the Hurricane: A Capital Kisses Novel by [Maher, Kelly]

Donetta Marie, donettamarie.com,

I grew up in Paradise, a small town in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains in California.


MK Meredith, mkmeredith.com,

(from Did You Know) As a two time breast cancer survivor, I encourage each of you to know your body. Your happy ending starts with YOU! #KnowandGo

Thank you, MK, for sharing!

Love on the Cape: an On the Cape novel, Cape Van Buren by [Meredith, MK]

Jordan Monroe, missjmonroe.wordpress.com,

Like my characters in ONE NIGHT IN WASHINGTON, DC, I play the French horn.

Symphony Amore: Erotic Stories of Love and Music by [Monroe, Jordan, Zizzo, Rosalía, French, Charlotte, Chase, Rebecca, Chamblee, Genevive, Callender, Laura, Fox, Sionna, Coldwell, Elizabeth, Barrett D'Arnuk, Nanisi]

Caryn Moya-Block, carynmoyablock.com,

My favorite place to write is in bed before I get up in the morning.

Fiery Magic: Book Three of the Witch Guardian Romance Series by [Moya Block, Caryn]

More authors to come! I am giving away RWA swag to four randomly selected commenters during the month of October. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment with something you burned ... or successful cooked/baked/boiled!  


I burn dinner rolls all the time .... but much more careful with chocolate chip cookies!

2. Comments are open through Tuesday, October 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll announce the winner on Wednesday, November 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Image result
Chocolate chip cookies from Pillsbury.com

11 comments:

  1. I wish I was good at baking. I often burn cookies and cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the other night I had some sliced zucchini in a steamer - I had the heat up to high & the water boiled away & the pot burned - the zucchini was mostly ok with a nice smokey flavor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have burned many things, including once the ham and something I no longer know what it was..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me burned food!!!! LOL One time i forgot I was cooking hard boil eggs and took a nap.....all I can say is what a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I burn grilled cheese sandwiches. I've learned to scrap off the burned bread before my kids See it

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandson was with me one day and we decided to make chocolate chip cookies. I told him grandma was going to make him extra special just for him. He was four at the time. I was coloring with him and I didn't hear the timer go off. I jumped when I smelled "burnt" cookies. We ran to the kitchen and as I pulled the crispy burnt cookies from the oven he was very upset when he said " those aren't special grandma, their disgusting". Lol lol
    Thank goodness there's a bakery two blocks from our house so he could get a real special cookie.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard boiled eggs - forgot I had them on the stove - ruined the pan and what a smell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do pretty decent with baking

    ReplyDelete
  9. I overcooked some bacon one time--what a mess! (and a sad loss for dinner)

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the hardest time with scrambled eggs. Doesn't make sense.

    denise

    ReplyDelete