Friday, November 18, 2016

Aloha to Siera London and CHASING FLAMES


How did I miss the release of this book back in October?!?

This Cinderella story involves a hottie hero and a bumpy carriage ride to happily ever after!

Waitress, Symphony Porter’s obsession with fire has made her a target for distrust and rejection. She’s broke and with her home weeks away from foreclosure, she’s eager to drive to Key West to claim an unexpected inheritance. Symphony arrives in town expecting a quick exit, but soon stumbles into trouble—to include six feet three inches of scorching hot danger to her heart. With time running out, the last thing Symphony needs is a handsome investigator hot on her trail.

Fire investigator, Nathan Zachary has had enough relationships crash and burn, that he knows at first sight that Symphony is the woman for him. He’s ready to make the saucy waitress a permanent part of his life, but a series of random fires puts Symphony on a collision course with Nathan’s case. As the spark of attraction ignites between them, so does the danger and suspicion.


Siera is one of the hosts for the Beach Blanket Bingo (link) at the RT Booklovers' Convention. She's also a fellow veteran ...

Contemporary romance and women's fiction is my therapy of choice. I served 22 years in the United States Navy as a registered nurse before I decided to focus on my writing career. It's never too late, to follow your heart's desire.

I live in Florida Keys with my husband and a color patch tabby named Frie. I am a pet lover at heart. I would gladly welcome more furry friends into the household; however, I had to guilt my husband into the cat. As a native Floridian, it's nice to leave the DC weather in the rearview mirror.

When I'm not writing, I love getting lost between the pages of a great book. I get a thrill searching through recipe books with my sister in-law. I enjoy cooking huge meals to share with friends and family. I would like to think I'm a pretty good cook since folks keep showing up at the front door to eat my food. 

Learn more about Siera and her books at sieralondon.com.

Key West

I am giving away a digital copy of CHASING FLAMES plus beach swag to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about recipe books .. which thrill Siera. What recipes are do you need next week for Thanksgiving? My family enjoys baked corn for Turkey Day.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, November 20, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, November 21.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

253097562617290429850406

17 comments:

  1. I love recipe books an have a too large collection. My recipe would be for the stuffing (dressing). I actually don't really have a recipe. I just throw in things I like. I do follow the basic recipe on the bag of Pepperidge Farm Stuffing, but then I add onions, celery, Craisins, diced apricots (sometimes), diced chestnuts, and/or walnuts. It is great for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! this sounds delicious considering it's not from a recipe.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank goodness for the Honey Baked Ham meal deal!

      Delete
  3. We just deep fried the turkey.....we do instant mashed potatoes and the famous string bean casserole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never fried a turkey...and I'm a southerner. I tend to brine for 24 hours, and then roast. My in-laws love my turkey!

      Delete
  4. We do the green beans but we use bacon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a green bean casserole on my menu this year!

      Delete
  5. I have to go with my stuffing - everyone seems to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SOS Aloha for hosting me today! I have a table full of recipes as I make preps for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm one for browsing used bookstores for cook books and I've found some amazing community cookbooks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find great cookbooks in consignment shops.

      Delete
  8. My cousin usually does all the cooking. She gets a lot of recipes online from Martha Stewart and Food.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any Martha Stewart recipes, but I love Paula Dean's cooking.

      Delete
  9. My husband enjoys the traditional Thanksgiving meal but mostly the "from scratch" chocolate cake. He keeps asking for it, so I guess I am doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica, you are a dear. I don't bake as much since the kids are gone. I will make cookies and the occasional pie.

      Delete