I started off the day with a hug from the legendary Bertrice Small - a constant supporter of SOS America! I tend not to take pictures of myself ... but I could not resist Bertrice!
Thursday's schedule included book giveaways throughout the day. Actually, they are listed as publishers' book signings as the authors sign the books ... but the books are given away by the publishers! This is how I giveaway books all year long - I stock up at RWA!
I popped into the Avon signing first. I know many Avon authors from my home chapter, the Washington Romance Writers, so I enjoyed catching up with them! I am saving my Avon books for a special giveaway in September to promote a special cause (stay tuned for details!)
|Friends with Robyn Carr and Jill Shalvis (right)|
I popped over to the Harlequin signing where Heather Graham greeted me! I also chatted with Kat Martin before heading out of the hotel (and crowd) for lunch. We dined at Cafe Un Deux Trois - the baguettes were beautiful! Who thought bread could be so artful? Plus the salad was tasty! Our lunch gave us sustenance to re-engage the crowds for the St. Martin's Press book signing!
|Nalini Singh with bloggers Nath, Kristie, and Sarah|
For dinner, Mary and I joined Jennifer Hart (Navy spouse-turned-romance author) and friends at John's Pizza .... mmmm, I ate way too much in NYC! After dinner, I popped into the bar to find book bloggers:
- Wendy the Superlibrarian (a well deserved title)
- Kristie J of Rambling on Romance
- Rosie of Nobody Asked Me
- Nath of Books, Books, and More Books
- Sarah of Monkey Bear Reivews
|Wendy and Rosie|
These bloggers are phenomenal in their knowledge of romance! In honor of another great day at RWA, I am giving away a book of choice to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about your favorite pizza, your favorite author (who you would stand in line for), and/or your favorite blogger.
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, July 9, 10 pm in Dayton. I'll post the winner on Sunday, July 10.
Kim in Dayton