Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aloha to Ella Quinn and THE TEMPTATION OF LADY SERENA

 

I squealed with delight as I opened an email with promo material for Ella Quinn's THE TEMPTATION OF LADY SERENA ...  as it was loaded with pictures.  I love pictures! Take it away, Ella!

Ella Quinn
It’s great to be back on your blog again, Kim!

As Kim knows, I love to travel. So it’s not surprising that my characters sometimes take off as well. In The Temptation of Lady Serena, my heroine first journeys from the Scottish Boarders, a rugged region where she was born and raised in a castle. 


To her aunt’s home just outside of York.


then down to Grosvenor Square in Mayfair, London.


All that is accomplished, of course, in plush traveling coaches such as this one. 


One in London, she tools herself around in a curricle. 


Nothing unusual about that, but when Robert, Viscount Beaumont decides to take a shortcut to get her to the altar, her family and his step in and whisk her off to Paris sailing on an American made schooner.


They land in Dieppe, a lovely French port town considerably south of Calais, and stay a few days before continuing on to Paris. I’ve had the pleasure of visiting Dieppe and eating in a wonderful all woman run restaurant there.


Naturally, never having been in France before, their party makes some stops along the way. One of the stops is Rouen, known as “The town with a thousand spires.” Monet was so inspired by the churches he based a series on them. It is also where Joan of Arc was tried, convicted and burned at the stake.


Once in Paris, they all stay at a house Phoebe and Marcus bought. This is how I envisioned the back garden.


Do you like travel with your romance?


Ella is giving away an ecopy of THE TEMPTATION OF LADY SERENA, available January 1 from Kensington:

Custom-made gowns…nights at the theater…and a host of eligible bachelors. Accustomed to living a quiet life in the Scottish Borderlands, Lady Serena Weir has never had any of these luxuries. But when Serena’s brother demands she finally have a Season in London, she’s thrust into a glamorous world she’s only dreamed of…

Robert, Viscount Beaumont remembers all too well what it feels like to be in love. That is why he must keep his distance from Serena. He’s only felt his pulse stir the way it does now when he made the mistake of loving the wrong woman once before. Yet the more he strives to resist his feelings, the nearer he is to falling under Serena’s seductive spell…

To enter the giveaway,

1.  Answer Ella's question - do you like for characters to travel in romance books?

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 4, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 5.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Ella and her books, check out her website at ellaquinnauthor.com.

THE SEDUCTION OF LADY PHOEBETHE SECRET LIFE OF MISS ANNA MARSH


50 comments:

  1. Yes, especially to different countries. I would loved to see more travel to Italy in the 1800's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is book #4, Desiring Lady Caro, which releases in April, Danielle.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's how I travel now - through the character's eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I especially enjoy road trips where the characters are traveling and have adventures and obstacles to overcome on their way to their destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting in that I get to learn about places that I'll probably never have the opportunity to visit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, but I do hope you get to go yourself someday.

      Delete
  5. I love the travel... but I'm glad it isn't really mine... The long days in a carriage to get somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love for characters to travel. I get to travel along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like to read about characters who are traveling about, especially when they travel to places I have never been.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ella and Kim,

    Thank you for such an interesting post. I do like to have some travel incorporated into the stories that I read.

    Congratulations on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun, Ella. I loved the pictures. Best of luck with your new book. Don't enter me in the drawing, cause I just bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the post, Callie! Thanks so much for buying the book!

      Delete
  10. Hi, Ella! Thanks for the interesting and informative post. I do enjoy it when people travel in books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures, Ella! To answer your question, yes, I do like travel in romance novels. And to prove it, I've put quite a lot in my own novels. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I like the characters to travel in a romance! I love romances, especially historicals, just about any way I can get them--in print or digital. Reading these wonderful romances makes me feel like I'm in love myself and I love your stories, Ella! Thanks for your writing and thanks for this post. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I want to say I love love love this cover in your latest release--instead of a bodice ripper--it's a back ripper. :-) Can't wait to read it.

      Delete
    2. Janice, thank you so very much. There is nothing I like hearing more than you love my books!! This is the best cover. I love it too.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the fun post and congrats to Ella on the newest release! I don't mind if the characters travel :) makes for more interesting settings/scenery and keeps the action going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love for characters to travel. Three of mine have to cross France from Paris to the coast while being chased by radicals in the revolution era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds interesting, Carole!! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  15. I do enjoy 'seeing' the characters travel because I get to see places I'll never get to in this lifetime. Maybe the next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love when characters visit places I might be able to visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to visit the places you've read about, Melissa!

      Delete
  17. Enjoyed the post and really liked the pictures. I love books about travel and enjoy the journey with them. I'm looking forward to reading your book.
    Happy New Year :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy the travel when it fits in well with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like seeing characters travel as long as it fits into the story and doesn't take away from their connection to each other.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ella! I do like when characters travel in novels, especially when I can learn about the areas the characters visit. :-) That said, I also like a bit of realism about the actual travel conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love traveling with characters, whether it be future/past, across the world or around the corner. I love to read about scenery, buildings, whether, culture. :)
    Those are beautiful pictures, Ella! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't have a preference

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely yes. Traveling is one my favorite things to do, and if I'm not actually doing it, than reading characters who are is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love for them to travel! That way I can learn more about different places. Thanks for the giveaway.

    mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love when travel is involved, reading about other times and places is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete