Tuesday, January 7, 2014

BOOTS UNDER HER BED - An Anthology from Jodi Thomas, Jo Goodman, Kaki Warner, and Alison Kent


17938361

Available now from Berkley in print and digital ... four all-new novellas featuring the rugged men of the West and the women who want them…

From Jodi Thomas...Callie has done a lot of crazy things, but it’ll take one more to prove she isn’t nuts: find a husband, fast! Her only requirement: he has to be taller than she is and swear not to have her committed during their ruse of a marriage.

From Jo Goodman...Felicity Ravenwood was raised to be independent-minded, but when this runaway bride opposes her father’s choices, it is up to Nat Church to bring her around. But he doesn’t count on springing her from jail, holding her hostage, or falling head over boot-heels in love.

From Kaki Warner...Two strangers on a train have more in common than they know—both have hidden purposes and ties to a Nebraska bank robbery. But when their schemes unravel, they find a bigger surprise awaiting them than either could have imagined.

From Alison Kent...When runaway New York socialite Maeve Daugherty joins her father’s bodyguard Zeb Crow on his personal mission of revenge, what was a slightly scandalous new life as a bookkeeper for an infamous San Antonio brothel becomes downright dangerous. But that’s not stopping Maeve from having the time of her life.

Amazon link

Barnes & Noble link

Indie Bound link

Do you have a pair of boots - cowboy boots?  hiking boots? snow books?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.   This giveaway is open through Saturday, January 11, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 12.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

File:Women's cowboy boots.JPG
Image by Pete unseth (link)
Creative Commons Attribution

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like 4 fun stories! As for boots, I have a pair of hiking boots that I love. Got them on sale for only $20.00 at Big Five Sporting Goods, and they are the most comfortable hiking boots I've ever had. Way more comfortable that expensive ones I had in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like boots, like my uggs and heels whoo,
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had some boots in the past, but nothing fancy. I have a pair of hiking boots, but I would not hike in them - very heavy. So for short stints only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago I bought the nicest pair of cowgirl boots to attend a hoe-down that my employer put on for the employees. I have the nicest memories of kicking up my heels square dancing with those boots on! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness I own snow boots!!! But that's the only kind of boot I have in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I have a pair of cowboy books, I don't wear them anymore because of problems I have with my right foot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Through the years I've had quite a few styles of boots including cowgirl boots. But in the last few years I have a couple of ankle boots and snow boots. Thanks for this opportunity.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a single pair - how deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this anthology advertised yesterday and can't wait to get it! I adore western romance (historical mainly, but I'll take contemporary too). And the only boots I have are UGG...and my bed is on the floor so I can't put anything under it. :-) jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This anthology sounds awesome! I finally broke down and got a pair of snow boots this year. Definitely makes walking the dog easier! Don't know how I went so long without them! The other day I went to a country bar with a friend and for the first time ever, had a little lust over some cowboy boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've still got two pairs of boots from the eighties. I love them, but it's not possible to wear them here in southern Florida, without looking silly. It's not cold enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a few pair of boots. A couple of heeled boots and some boots for rain and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have hiking boots and camo hunting boots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have 3 pairs of cowboy boots that I love to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snow books - I know where your mind is lol. I have snow boots but that's all. My husband has a pair of cowboy boots that he bought on a trip to Arizona. They were really too small so he only wore them a few times lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love boots. I have a pair of really comfortable hiking boots that I wear if I go out walking anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought my first pair this year!! They are low heeled ankle books, I love them! Can't wait to read this book, some of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a pair of ankle boots that I got for my birthday this year and I have to hide them since my one cat has decided to use them as a scratching post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have several pair for the cold weather and snow - just ordered myself a new pair of high waterproof boots that should be arriving any day now. I love anthologies - this description of 'rugged men of the west' looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't own many pairs of boots besides my winter boots but I love my faux-Uggs boots!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have to say, my winter boots has been my favorite. Especially these last couple of weeks of freezing temperatures, they've managed to keep my feet toasty and warm when I'm outside!

    ReplyDelete