Thursday, October 17, 2013

Aloha to Fleet Week with Diana Cosby


We conclude Fleet Week with Diana Cosby - she's the Keynote Speaker on Saturday morning at the NJRW's Put Your Heart In A Book Conference (link).    From her bio (link),


After retiring as a Navy Chief, AGC(AW), Diana dove into her passion – writing romance novels. With 34 moves behind her, she was anxious to create characters who reflected the amazing cultures and people she’s met throughout the world.

Her years of living in Europe inspired Diana to write in the medieval time frame. After watching the movie Braveheart and with her passion for writing complex plots, the idea for the MacGruder brothers series was born.



Sigh.  Scotland.   The sixth book in the series, HIS ENCHANTMENT, will be available December 19.  Meanwhile, I am giving away an autographed copy of Book 1, HIS CAPTIVE:

With a wastrel brother and a treacherous former fiancé, Lady Nichola Westcott hardly expects the dangerously seductive Scot who kidnaps her to be a man of his word. Though Sir Alexander MacGruder promises not to hurt her, Nichola's only value is as a pawn to be ransomed.

Alexander's goal is to avenge his father's murder, not to become entangled with the enemy. But his desire to keep Nichola with him, in his home—in his bed—unwittingly make her a target for those who have no qualms about shedding English blood.

Now Nichola is trapped—by her powerful attraction to a man whose touch shakes her to the core. Unwilling and unable to resist each other, can Nichola and Alexander save a love that has enslaved them both?


2154103

To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about how many moves you have made - any drama?  Oh, there's plenty of drama with military moves!

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 19, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 20.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Diana and her books, check out her website at dianacosby.com.   

Diana wrote a special post for my travel blog, Hawaiian Travels during Navy Tour, at this link.

3287733798095911069443


15 comments:

  1. I've only moved twice in my life - no drama - when I do have to move I'll have to get rid of a lot of stuff, then there will be drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only moved once & that was when I was so young I barely remember it. I think I was about 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We moved around every few years when I was a child & even as an adult I've moved around a LOT. I hope I have finally settled. The biggest dramas were always the removalists getting lost - funny thing is they were paid by the hour!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have moved about 10 times. There is always drama. everyone gets short tempered and things get lost and left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my entire life I have made 5 moves.....the last one was the worst the previous owners did not pay us to stay at the house and ended up staying 3 days. We finally had to threatened them with the police before they left in the meantime we were moving our stuff to the new house before the movers came.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOT too many. The biggest one was from Asia to North American. After that, we didn't move too many times. It was a hassle to pack everything and that was about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've moved 23 times in my entire life. The largest move of all was from England to the USA. The most traumatic move for me was leaving my friends and home in England, to move over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've moved about 16 times. The longest move was from upstate New York to north central Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've moved about 6 times with the longest being from PA to MS and back. We pulled a small trailer with a small sports car and pretty much did that car in with those two moves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first husband was in the military. During the 12 years we were married, we moved 24 times!!! My second marriage brought many more moves as well (10 so far), though not in the military. Moving a lot teaches you to make friends fast and you end up with endless pen pals after you do move...and trips for visits. It's all been good for us...except for the huge U-Hauls going back and forth. No fun doing the packing yourself either. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Including moves within the same city, I've moved 13 times (5 as a child and the rest as an adult). There's always minor drama, but I don't remember anything major.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have moved 3 times. My first move was when I married and we moved into an apartment. The second move was to another apartment with less bedrooms, and the third time was to our home of 38 years. There was plenty of drama when we moved into the house. Our apartment complex manager said we could move out and get our security deposit back if we cleaned the apartment. Our mothers stayed to clean the apartment, only to be told we could not get our deposit back. Meanwhile as we were trying to move into our house with all of the people who were helping us move, we had to wait for the previous owners to get out and help them move out. Once they did, I had to clean the whole house from top to bottom before we could even move in. The house was a cockroaches delight, and it took us months to be rid of them, finally calling a bug killer to end our nasty battle with all kinds of sizes of cockroaches. It makes me shiver to this day to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think all total I moved about 11 times. There was always some sort of Drama especially when everyone was tired and cranky. :) But I'm settled once again and think this is it.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) Kim, my sincere thanks for the mention on Fleet Week, and another huge thanks for your support to our troops. It was fabulous seeing you again this weekend. You're such an amazing and inspiring woman.

    Another big thanks to everyone who stopped by and shared how many times they moved. Each move can provide challenges, but with each new destination we meet the most incredible people. Take care, and I wish you the best!
    Sincerely,
    Diana Cosby

    ReplyDelete