This cover reminds me of Hawaii. Perhaps that thought, and Roxanne's heartwarming romance, will sustain me through the dropping temperature in Maryland. Speaking of Roxanne, let's play Six Degrees of Separation in honor of her new release, BAREFOOT BY THE SEA:
1. Roxanne's bio is charming, "That year, for my twelfth birthday, my parents gave me a typewriter (with italic font – it was the coolest thing) and from that day on, I’ve had my fingers on a keyboard, pounding out love stories for fun."
2. I learned to type at Ponce de Leon Junior High School in Miami, Florida.
3. Again from Roxanne's bio, "I stayed in PR, moved to Miami, had a few babies, lost my home in a hurricane, built another one a few hours north and all along, I kept writing my 'stories' for fun."
4. A hurricane kicks off the action in Roxanne's debut novel, TROPICAL GETAWAY.
5. I enjoyed an extended "tropical getaway" during our four years in Hawaii.
6. Roxanne is celebrating the release of Book Four in her Barefoot Bay series, BAREFOOT BY THE SEA:
When you think you know your heart's desire . . .
Tessa Galloway is a gifted nurturer-her verdant garden at Barefoot Bay's new resort is living proof. If only the woman who can grow anything could grow what she wants most: a baby. Her friends think the right guy will come along, but Tessa doesn't want to wait. All she needs is the perfect donor to make her dream come true. Then John Brown is hired at the resort. If anyone could make beautiful babies, it's this gorgeous, mysterious man. So why does Tessa suddenly find herself wanting so much more?
Can you give up all your dreams for love?
It's been three long years since John Brown had to leave his old life. Forced into the witness protection program, he's desperate to be reunited with his toddler twins. When he gets that chance, there's a catch-he must prove he's got a steady job and a new wife. Landing a gig as a chef in Barefoot Bay is easy enough. And falling for lovely Tessa is even easier. The hard part? Can he win the heart of a woman who prizes honesty-when the truth may shatter it?
In honor of BAREFOOT BY THE SEA, I am giving away a sea themed holiday ornament. To enter the giveaway,
1. Do you type or henpeck?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, November 2, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 3.
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City
To learn more about Roxanne and her books, check out her website at roxannestclaire.com.