Monday, October 7, 2013

Aloha to Jules Bennett and TO TAME A COWBOY

To Tame a Cowboy

Those who regularly read my blog know that I ask the same boilerplate questions for author interview.  Question No. 1 - what is your favorite sight, smell, and sound of where you live.   I thought I'd answer that question today ... I never thought I could be satisfied after living in Hawaii.   But we live in a neighborhood surrounded by farmland in Howard County, Maryland.   My favorite sight, sound, and smell all come from the nearby horse farm - rolling hills, galloping horses, and fresh hay.   

The creek leads to the horse farm.

This puts me in the mood for a cowboy romance ... and Jules Bennett answered the call with TO TAME A COWBOY:

A Texas Cattleman's Club tale of best friends falling in love

Royal, Texas, is the perfect place for rodeo star Ryan Grant to slow down and finally show Piper Kindred she's the woman for him. When an accident sends Piper rushing to take care of him, her sexy bedside manner suggests to Ryan that seducing his best friend will be easier than he'd expected.

But Piper knows the lure of the rodeo circuit—and the risk of a broken heart, when Ryan realizes he's not ready to hang up his saddle for good. She can't let herself fall for a cowboy. If only her heart would listen!

TO TAME A COWBOY
Texas Cattleman's Club Series
Harlequin(November 5, 2013)
Desire Series #2264
ISBN-10: 0373732775
ISBN-13: 9780373732777

Pre-Order: Harlequin | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Book Depository | Books-A-Million | IndieBound

Pre-Order eBook: Harlequin | Kindle | Nook | Kobo


Jules' website bio is charming (link) but her Twitter bio is spot on (link):

National Best-Selling Author for Harlequin & Samhain, mother of 2, wife to high school sweetie, Buckeye girl & hater of winter. Where are my flip-flops?

Slippahs in Hawaii

Oh, Jules, you are a woman after my own heart. I love Buckeyes (candy) and slippahs (flip flops)!    I posted my four star review of TO TAME A COWBOY on Goodreads at this link.  I am giving away a print copy of TO TAME A COWBOY to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.   Have you attended a rodeo?   If yes, what is your favorite event?  If not, where would like to see a rodeo - American West?  Calgary Stampede?  Or the Big Island of Hawaii where the paniolo (cowboy) still work the ranches?

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 12, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 13.  

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Jules and her books, check out her website at julesbennett.com.

1716410617281137


20 comments:

  1. I went to a rodeo as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to one rodeo many years ago. I think I just mainly liked walking around and enjoying the rodeo environment. I don't remember much about the actual events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to a rodeo. My favorite part is when the little cowboys ride the sheep. It is so cute to see the kids in the boots and chaps and little hats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have rodeos In Davie, Florida not to far from where I live and I have wanted to go for years. I always just seem to miss the dates though! I really do want to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I don't agree with them for myself. Not that I would mind the fantasy of reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been to a rodeo. It was hot & dusty & I was too young to appreciate the cowboys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been to a rodeo. I love watching them ride the broncs. I have read this book and en joyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No rodeos for me but I used to ride the mechanical bull at the bars when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody loves a cowboy. All the places I've been, I miss my midwestern home. The greens of summer, the cold of winter. Ahh.

    I've never been to a rodeo, but i've been to a few county fairs! I'm in CoSrpings, though so I should really make the effort to hit a rodeo. It would be a shame not to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been to a local rodeo. I think I most enjoyed just looking at everything and everyone; it's such a different way of life from what I was used to experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never been to a rodeo, but would love to attend one in the American West.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to a rodeo either. However, I have been to horse shows and gymkhanas, and absolutely loved them. I love the smell of horses too, and miss them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know we have rodeo days, but never went. I don't think I can really handle it cause my DH would want to see the bull riding. I can't handle it on tv, so real life would be worst.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never been although I live where they are a lot easier to find. Someday :) But I would also love to see the paniolo in Hawaii! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been to a rodeo, I don't agree with them so I wouldn't be going to one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No, I haven't but my husband went to the Calgary one and he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We went to the Calgary Stampede when I was growing up. My favorite was the bronco riding.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went to am Rodeo wen I was a very young girl but I'd love to go to one in the American West. Being so much older now I'd really appreciate watching the cowboys. :)
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete