Sunday, September 20, 2015

Aloha to Kate L. Mary and NO REGRETS



25739589

I'm posting pictures from our recent trip to Florida on my travel blog at this link. Oldest is now attending college in Tampa ... speaking of college, Kate L. Mary is gearing up for NO REGRETS, Book 2 in her College of Charleston series:

College is supposed to be fun…

Go to parties

Pick up guys

Maybe get in a little trouble

On the surface Cami is your average, wild teenager out to have a good time, but inside she’s struggling. Almost a year ago her best friend was in a car accident, an accident Cami feels responsible for. Since then, she’s made it her personal mission to experience everything life has to offer, both for herself and for Julie, who will never have fun again.

Then she meets Liam, her cousin’s sexy roommate. Hooking up with a hot British dude seems like the perfect way to start off the school year, but the more time she spends with him, the more she finds herself actually liking the guy. Which totally screws up her plans to live life with no regrets…

NO REGRETS is available on September 29 from Amazon.


Kate L. Mary is a stay-at-home mother of four and an Air Force wife. She grew up in a small town just north of Dayton, Ohio where she and her husband met at the age of twelve. Since their marriage in 2002, they have lived in Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, and California. She currently resides in Oklahoma with her husband and children.

KateLMary.com

Kim's Note:  Go Air Force!

315th-c-17-charleston-2.jpg
Charleston is also home to Charleston Air Force Base ....
Public Domain (link)

Kate is giving away a digital copy of NO REGRETS to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about the college nearest you ... what is its mascot?

2. Comments are open through Saturday, September 26, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, September 27.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Kate offers an excerpt from NO REGRETS ..

Liam’s lips twitched and his eyebrows shot up. I slammed my mouth shut because I knew I was babbling. Most of the time guys hated that about me. I did not want Liam to hate me. It’s just that I had a really tough time controlling the stuff that came out of my mouth.

“Nervous talker?” Liam’s eyes twinkled like I was the most amusing thing he’d ever seen.

I snorted, and even though I knew it was a really bad idea to let all the stuff swirling around in my head come out, there was no way I could keep my mouth shut after that comment. “No! You must have a pretty high opinion of yourself if you think your British accent and imitation sex hair can somehow make me all tongue-tied and awkward. I just talk a lot. Let’s face it, most people don’t have many interesting things to say, but I do. I have gobs and gobs of fascinating thoughts going through my head at any given moment, and I feel like it’s my duty to share them with the world.”

“Imitation sex hair?” Liam pressed his lips together like he was trying to hold back a chuckle, but it forced its way out. It was so adorable, I swear my knees wobbled.

I maintained as much composure as possible as I waved my hand toward his head, almost like I was trying to cast a spell. “Yeah. Isn’t that what you have going on there? I’m on to your little scheme. Guys like you have that sexy, messy hair for a reason. It’s specifically designed to make girls wonder how it came to be so messy, and wish they’d been the one to help you with it in the first place. Bam!” I clapped my hands in front of his face. “Next thing you know you’re in bed together.”

“Bam?” Liam smirked and leaned against the wall. “I don’t recall that sound effect ever gracing my bedroom.”

My cheeks flushed when my mind wandered to what went on in his bedroom and the sound effects that would mostly likely go along with it. Just like that, I was back to thinking about running my fingers through his blond hair. Damn him and his imitation sex hair!

2320646425508752

Other books in the College of Charleston series ...

10 comments:

  1. Texas Christian University. TCU's mascot is a horned frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. University of Nebraska - Herbie Husker! and Lil' Red!! LOL... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Florida State University's mascot....Owlsey the Burrowing Owl



    ReplyDelete
  4. University of Pittsburgh - Panthers. Although I root for Penn's State's Nittany Lions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. University of North Carolina Charlotte 49ers

    ReplyDelete
  6. San Diego State University.....Aztec Warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the share! I was on vacation in Charleston when you posted and I'm still trying to get caught up! Got myself a College of Charleston sweatshirt while I was there!

    ReplyDelete