Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday's Warriors: Aloha to Tracy Solheim and SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY

22700943

The author of Risky Game returns with a football team owner who’s a real player, and the woman who’s ready to call him out on everything...

Dot-com millionaire Jay McManus is discovering that owning a pro football team like the Baltimore Blaze isn’t easy. An anonymous blogger is out to destroy his reputation, and now his team is being sued by its own cheerleaders. If Jay’s not careful, he could lose big—and not just financially.

Bridgett Janik’s brother may play for the Baltimore Blaze, but she’s not thrilled to be defending Jay McManus, the man who broke her heart. It’s bad enough she has to mingle with Jay during games, but working beside her former lover may be too much for her body—and her heart—to resist.

Jay’s determined not to let Bridgett slip away from him a second time. But, as the two follow the mysterious blogger’s trail, secrets—both past and present—are revealed, and Jay and Bridgett must decide if their relationship can be something more than just sleeping with the enemy.

 Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Tracy Solheim brings the tailgate party to Charm City just in time for football season! Let's play Seven Degrees of Separation ...

1. On this day in 1912, Arthur Rose Eldred received the first rank of Eagle Scout from the Boy Scouts of America. Eldred later enlisted in the US Navy during WWI.

2. Eagle Scout James Lovell graduated from the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD.  He later became a Naval aviator and Apollo 13 astronaut.

3. James Lovell is portrayed by Tom Hanks in APOLLO 13.

4. Tom Hanks was inducted in the US Army Ranger Hall of Fame for his portrayal of Captain Miller in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.

5. US Army Ranger alumni include football player Alejandro Villanueva.

6. Alejandro Villanueva played college football for the United States Military Academy (Westpoint) Black Nights.

7. Each year, the Black Nights challenge the Midshipmen in the celebrated Army Navy game.  Baltimore hosted the Army Navy game six times, including last year's victory for Navy, 17-10


1598534617572862Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)

I am currently enjoying the Baltimore set SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY - look for my review this coming weekend. Meanwhile, I am giving away the first three books in the Out of Bounds series - GAME ON, FOOLISH GAMES, and RISKY GAME - to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about football - do you have a favorite team from high school, college, or professional leagues? Now that my son is attending the University of South Florida, I'll be rooting for the Bulls!

2. Comments are open through Saturday, September 5, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, September 6.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City


1908 Army-Navy college football game at Franklin Field.
Library of Congress - Public Domain

30 comments:

  1. Love college football, Kansas State. I grew up in Illinois, so I will always love my Chicago Bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love football. My favorite team is the LSU Tigers, which surprises no one! I also root for the Houston Texans and the New Orleans Saints. Thanks for the post and giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a football fan and thankfully for me neither is hubby. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My granddaughter scored the first TD in last night's Service Cougars game plus another one and 11 pulls, point after! Varsity girl's flag football. Proud of her!

    Kathleen Bylsma h5apby@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. since my niece moved to Baltimore I take notice of what the Ravens are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a Baltimore Ravens season ticket holder until we had to move to Atlanta for my husband's job. Can't wait to move home & get back on the waiting list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Penn State fan. I'm afraid I'm having a big problem with a new member of the Pgh. Steelers :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan! Bring on The Boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love college go Missouri state

    ReplyDelete
  10. University of Georgia! Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Cornhuskers, Go Chiefs, Go Sporting KC (soccer)... and football will have to wait until after baseball Go Royals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meant to hit notify me Go Chiefs, Go Sporting KC and Go Royals

      Delete
  12. I live in Austin, Texas and we do not have a professional football team. I like the University of Texas Longhorns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Da Bears....please do not enter me this drawing I have these books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE ��! Born in South Jersey, The Eagles are tattooed on my heart. I've been bleeding since 1967.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our high school football team was quite good. It was sort of a 3 way competition in our area between 3 high schools, but the primary competition was between our county team and the city team.
    When we were stationed in Colorado, we attended many of the Air Force Academy games. they were loads of fun, especially the ones against the other military academies. We also became fans of the Denver Broncos while there.
    For college teams, there is only one. My husband attended the University of Florida, so the Gators are our favorites. Makes it difficult for us since we live deep in University of Tennessee territory and that rivalry is not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Twenty-four years ago I was converted to a Texas A&M Aggies fan by my former student husband. Since both my kids are currently attending A&M that's not going to change. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy watching football though I'm more of a hockey fan. The team I root for most is the Bisons from my school years.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I very much enjoy watching many college football teams esp the ones from the south since im originally from that direction

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite football team would have to be my state team. - Go Queensland - Go the Maroons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a huge fan of football but I love reading sports romance :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a fan of the game and I love cheering on my hometown team, the Blue Bombers. I watch the CFL (Canadian football) a lot more than I watch the NFL though

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not fan of football, and not even of "footie" as it' called in England.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My home team the San Diego Chargers. Though they likely won't be in San Diego after this year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The San Francisco 49ers and the Philadelphia Eagles are my favorite football teams.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eagles, me; Giants, husband and middle son; Ravens, youngest son; and Bengals, oldest son. Oldest played in high school--Go Cobras! and my husband and I went to UD, so we root for the Fightin' Blue Hens!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nope,I don't watch football :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. When I do watch football, which isn't often, I like to watch the KC Chiefs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dont really care for football. Baseball is my game. But like reading sports novel.s
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete