Thursday, October 29, 2015

Aloha to Cynthia Eden and SHATTERED

24403669

Cynthia Eden always greets me at conventions with a big smile. She joins us for a cozy chat to celebrate the release of SHATTERED, Book Three in her LOST series ...

Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award . Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over fifty novels and novellas.

Cynthia is a “hybrid” author. She has published extensively with New York (her New York publishers include Avon, Kensington, Grand Central, and Harlequin), and she has also enjoyed success in her indie writing career.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and chocolate. Her favorite hobbies including hiking in the mountains (searching for waterfalls) and spelunking.


Learn more about Cynthia at cynthiaeden.com.


Kim:  Alabama! What is your favorite sight, smell, and sound of the Heart of Dixie?

Cynthia:  I love our beautiful beaches! I am just a short, thirty-minute ride from the Gulf of Mexico, and I love visiting those sandy shores. So my favorite sight would be the beach, my favorite smell would be the salty air, and my fave sound is the crashing of the waves on the shore.

Kim:  From your random facts, what's your favorite quote from the Princess Bride? Have you based any of your heroines on Lois Lane? Have any plots included spelunking?

Cynthia:  Of course, my favorite Princess Bride quote *has* to be “As you wish…” I just wish I could get my husband to tell me that in answer to everything!

The heroine of MIDNIGHT’S MASTER was a reporter who shared many Lois Lane characteristics. ;) I love a spunky reporter!!!

And I have included spelunking in a book—I couldn’t resist! In SCREAM FOR ME (romantic suspense), my villain took his victims deep into a cave. So the hero and heroine had to track him by going through a series of deep tunnels under the ground. That story gave me the chance to remind all would-be cave explorers of the caving motto… “Always carry three lights!” Because no one wants to ever be trapped in total cave darkness. (In that instance, you wouldn’t even be able to see your own hand if it was placed right before your eyes.) Sorry—I just went off on a caving tangent!

Kim:  Tell us about SHATTERED - what inspired it?


Cynthia:  I’ve written about a few serial killers in my romantic suspense novels, and when I wrote those characters, I found myself thinking…even serial killers have family. And that made me wonder…what would it be like to have a family member who was a serial killer? In SHATTERED, my heroine, Sarah Jacobs, is a profiler—she can get into the mind of a killer like no other person can. Sarah was trained to be this way—trained by her father, an infamous serial killer known as Murphy the Monster. 


Mahalo, Cynthia, for giving a glimpse of your romantic life!  I am giving away a print copy of SHATTERED to one randomly selected commenter.  

Criminal psychologist Dr. Sarah Jacobs is all too familiar with the kind of bad boys who belong behind bars. But the dark, dangerous man she meets in the New Orleans underworld is a new kind of ruthless, and all too irresistible.

Jax Fontaine doesn't claim to be a good guy, but he's loyal to his own code and brutally honest about what he wants. He and Sarah may be worlds apart, but when they're skin to skin, nothing matters but the heat between them.

And when a deranged killer targets Sarah, Jax will do whatever it takes to keep her safe.


To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Alabama - what do you know about it?  

I know the battleship USS Alabama is anchored in Mobile Bay as a memorial park at this link.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.  

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

2205932422864480

Other books in the LOST series ...


21 comments:

  1. It' between Mississippi and Georgia (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the movie Sweet Home Alabama, does that count? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Crystal, Tasty Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for interviewing me! ;) And I had to smile at your USS Alabama comment--my son camped out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know much of anything about Alabama, except some of my favorite authors are from there!! Cynthia Eden is one of my favorite authors.

    mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've a very dear friend that I've known since we were 14 who lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to Alabama so not much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know anything about Alabama but I LOVE Cynthia Eden :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alabama is one state I have missed. I do know they take their football seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've driving through it en route to Baton Rouge. I've slept in Tuscaloosa twice, and Ft. Payne twice. Ft. Payne has a great ER. Also home to the band Alabama. Most importantly, they take SEC football as seriously as religion. RTR.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. My cousin lives in Alabama and the Crimson Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been to Alabama and know very little about it. Birmingham is one of its largest cities and I hear the beaches are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I spent many weekends in Alabama during high school for winter color guard competitions. There are some gorgeous areas in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have driven through Alabama a time or two. The coast was badly damaged by hurricanes. We have good friends that live in the northern section and had a nice visit with them a few years ago. There is a lovely state park in the northeast corner. We will have to go back to stay at there and do some hiking. As with most places, it has a lot to be explored.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roll tide and the group
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alabama Football! Have never been to Alabama. Some day will go on a tour of the southern states.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a thing. LOL.
    Ladbookfan

    ReplyDelete
  18. My hubby attended Tuskegee in Alabama, so he has shared some of his experiences there...and has told me about Lionel Richie and the Commodores being seen in town.

    ReplyDelete