Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Aloha to Lia Riley and BEST WORST MISTAKE

24700371

Lia Riley is celebrating the release of  BEST WORST MISTAKE, Book 3 in her Brightwater series ...

Sometimes the worst mistakes turn out to be the best…

Smoke jumper Wilder Kane once reveled in the rush from putting out dangerous wildfires. But after a tragic accident, he’s cut himself off from the world, refusing to leave his isolated cabin. When a headstrong beauty bursts in, Wilder finds himself craving the fire she ignites in him, but letting anyone near his darkness would be a mistake.

After her Hollywood life went up in smoke, Quinn Higsby decided to leave Tinseltown behind and return to Brightwater to care for her ailing father. She spends her days in a small bookstore, until her peaceful existence is up-ended by a fascinating but damaged man. Quinn is determined not to be scared off by Wilder, not once she’s experienced the heat of his passions.

But when an arsonist targets the community and Wilder is accused, he must confront the ghosts of his past. Will his desire for Quinn burn him up or will he be able to tame the wildness inside and rekindle a hope for their future?


Lia Riley writes offbeat romance. After studying at the University of Montana-Missoula, she scoured the world armed only with a backpack, overconfidence and a terrible sense of direction. She counts shooting vodka with a Ukranian mechanic in Antarctica, sipping yerba mate with gauchos in Chile and swilling XXXX with stationhands in Outback Australia among her accomplishments.

A British literature fanatic at heart, Lia considers Mr. Darcy and Edward Rochester as her fictional boyfriends. Her very patient husband doesn't mind. Much. When not torturing heroes (because c'mon, who doesn't love a good tortured hero?), Lia herds unruly chickens, camps, beach combs, daydreams about as-of-yet unwritten books, wades through a mile-high TBR pile and schemes yet another trip. Right now, Icelandic hot springs and Scottish castles sound pretty sweet.

She and her family live in Northern California.

Learn more about Lia and her books at liariley.com


Lia has also lived on Kauai, home of the Waimea Canyon (above).  I am giving away Hawaiian swag to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1.  What's the most off beat thing you have done?  My family enjoyed exploring the offbeat town of Hanapepe (link) on Kauai.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 24, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 25.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

2350737623575442



20 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither; same as Jane, very boring I am.
    ladbookfan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most off beat thing I have done, maybe climbing 2 active volcanoes, melting my sneakers on one and dodging hot rocks erupting from another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was 11 my father had long service leave. We tented our way around Australia for months. Certainly off beat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing really pretty tame

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my daughter was younger, my husband took us to a cave that was just wide enough to us to walk into but it was about 30 feet that we could walk down into. When we got to the end of it I saw that 2 little bats were hanging on the wall and when I said something they moved just a little but it was enough for me to turn around and walk very fast out of the cave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This city girl went camping....no bathrooms no showers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sampling the local cuisine when stationed in Guam -- fruit bat and octopus. Of course many other adventures thanks to 25 years in the Air Force, but that's the first that popped in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed visiting the Yuma Territorial Prison in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm..can't think of anything. Apparently more boring than I thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took a one semester ROTC class in leadership in college. What I wasn't told when I registered--it was a requirement for the class to complete a military obstacle course at a local National Guard training center. Oh, the things I did as a civilian. Rappelling, crossing a creek upside down on a rope, other rope bridges, stuff I didn't know nor was I prepared to do. But I did it all and succeeded! That was also the day I decided I was not enlisting. :)

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never done anything "off beat". I'm way too cautious to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess the most "off beat" thing I've done is having 6 children and the decision to home school however I wouldn't change a thing :D
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Taking a horse ride up a mountain side in Haiti to visit the Citadel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. years ago I was touring England with two friends - we saw a sign for Princeville - that sounded interesting, but when we arrived we found that the town existed because of a prison!

    ReplyDelete
  16. can't think of anything

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I got a tattoo last month!! BTW, it's my first and I'm almost 60!!!!!!

    mlawson17 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing crazy here.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete