Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Aloha to Lindsay Emory, SISTERHOOD IS DEADLY, and RUSHING TO DIE


My son loves college life at the University of South Florida - Go Bulls! He has a mentor - one of my sorority sisters lives in Tampa ... and she's a USF alumni, too!  I recently sent her my copies of Lindsay Emory's Sorority Sisters Mystery series.

SISTERHOOD IS DEADLY (Book 1)

"We'll be sisters 'til we die…"

Margot Blythe is a professional sorority girl. As a Sisterhood Mentor for her beloved Delta Beta, she travels to colleges around the country, advising on serious sorority issues (and picking up all the gossip along the way). Margot is thrilled when she's invited back to her alma mater to assist the Delta Betas—but tragedy strikes when their chapter advisor drops dead during a meeting, sending shockwaves down sorority row.

Shaken by the death—especially when foul play is suspected—Margot has to step up. Appointed the honor of serving as temporary chapter advisor, she now must manage the drama of fifty frazzled sorority women with secrets to hide; protect the house from the annual fraternity pledge pranks, which are more ominous than they seem; and worst of all, combat the ruinous rumors surfacing about a Delta Beta phone sex ring. If she wants to keep rival sororities and a suspicious (but dangerously cute) local policeman from bringing Delta Beta's reputation down, it's up to Margot to find out the truth—about whether a sister could have committed such an unimaginable sin as murder.


Check out my review on Goodreads at this link.

25817612

RUSHING TO DIE (Book 2)

In the second installment of Lindsay Emory’s Sorority Sisters Mystery series, chapter advisor Margot Blythe must expose a sorority row assassin … before she becomes the killer’s next target.

Three months into her tenure as the Sutton College Delta Beta chapter advisor, Margot Blythe has the sorority in tip-top shape, just in time for sorority rush. Snapping and stomping in perfect synchronization, everyone is hopeful that after this rush, Delta Beta’s reputation as “the murder house” will be forgotten.

Until a body is found in the Delta Beta backyard. Again. The woman is found wearing a Delta Beta shirt, which is troublesome enough; even more distressing, no one in the chapter recognizes her. Unwilling to let a minor inconvenience like potential murder spoil the social calendar, Margot gladly hands off the investigation to local police cutie Ty Hatfield, while the Delta Beta girls throw themselves into rush preparations.

But when another body is found, with the terrifying possibility of more to come, Margot does the only thing a responsible advisor can do and demands that rush be canceled, making enemies in every house on sorority row. When the resulting furor starts to get dirty, it’s up to Margot to uncover some nasty messes tucked away in the sorority closets—to save her sisters’ reputations, and their lives.

Check out my review on Goodreads at this link.


28218952

I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1.  Do you cheer for a favorite college?  Do you have a college in your home town?  Have you seen any sorority or fraternity antics?

I grew up in Coral Gables - a suburb of Miami.  Our bus ride to Ponce De Leon Junior High School took us through the University of Miami (UM) Fraternity Row.  We always laughed at the lion statue outside a frat house - he was a different color every day.  I would later learn in college that the lion represented Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE).  In fact, I became an SAE Little Sister ... and a member of the Delta Gamma sorority.

2.  Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is open to US residents only.

3.  Comments are open through Sunday, October 23, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Monday, October 24, at SOS Aloha.
Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City


Image result for aloha on my mind anchorsplash
The anchor is the symbol of Delta Gamma.
I coached a team from AFROTC in Anchorsplash (link).


15 comments:

  1. I like duke basketball
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a town full of schools, colleges & a major university. No sororities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take note of what happens at UVA, but don't really follow sports. Streaking was a trend when I was in school - some of the sororities from school participated accompanied by fraternities from a nearby school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't root for a particular college. There are several colleges/universities in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and one daughter went to Penn State so we're all big fans. Although I had a chance to join a sorority, I never did and none of my family joined any either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live close to several colleges and universities. Cumberland University is a local university. I don't have a fave college.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've become a fan of Texas A&M my husband and son's alma mater and my daughter's current school. My college was small and didn't have much of athletic legacy.... I dated a Delta Tau Delta and became a little sister. Interesting fact they inducted me without my knowledge since I was out of state for my grandmother's funeral when they had the ceremony. I found out the next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like many college football and basketball teams. Not where im originally from no but the city I been living in yes. No I have not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Michigan here we have the widely known rival between UofM and State. It is quite the dividing team sport! I side with GoBLUE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I attend the University of Delaware, so that's who we cheer for. We also tend to follow the SEC.

    Son applied to Miami, plus five other schools, awaiting acceptance letters.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have several Universities and colleges. Rutgers and Seton Hall being two.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have several Universities and colleges. Rutgers and Seton Hall being two.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have several universities and community colleges here. We cheer for the SDSU Aztecs.

    ReplyDelete