Sunday, April 24, 2011
Weekly Winners and Romance Conventions
We have winners at SOS Aloha!
Saturday, April 16 - RT Recap/Book Fair and Military Mixer (winner's choice)
Saturday, April 16 - LK Hunsaker's PROTECT THE HEART
- Danielle G.
Sunday, April 17 - Kira Morgan's SEDUCED BY DESTINY
- Debra V.
Monday, April18 - Jennifer Estep'S TANGLED THREADS
Tuesday, April 19 - Tuesday's Tidbits
- Alba won SILENT TRUTH by Sherilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love
- Donna S will review Catherine Mann's COVER ME
- Jeanne M will review Stefanie Sloane's THE DEVIL IN DISGUISE
Wednesday, April 20 - Linda Wisdom and DEMONS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND
Thursday, April 21 - Mona Risk and Rx IN RUSSIAN
- Catslady wins a print copy of BABIES IN THE BARGAIN
- Marjory wins a ecopy of Rx FOR TRUST
- Kathy also wins the Earth Day Gift Pack
Winners - please send your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And I offer you evidence that I did more than hobnob at RT. Check out Christina Skye's blogsite, The Knitting Diaries, for videos of her draping scarves for familiar names in the romance business (filmed by moi!). Several authors from RT, including Christina, will be attending other romance conventions. So I thought I would share other opportunities for you to meet them!
- Lori Foster's Reader and Author Get Together is Friday, June 3 — Sunday, June 5, 2011 at the Cincinnati Marriott North at Union Centre, West Chester, Ohio. Check out the list of attending authors, editors, and publishers. Deadline to register is May 9.
Unfortunately, I will still be in Hawaii but this is an event I look forward to attending once I move back to the mainland.
- Literacy Signing at the RWA National Convention. From the website,
The 2011 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing will take place on Tuesday, June 28, from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square. (A list of participating authors will be available soon.)
There is no cost to attend. Proceeds from the book sales benefit literary programs (as the books are donated by the publishers). It you are within driving distance of NYC, plan to attend this event - I'll be there.
- Kim's Post RWA Lunch in Columbus: I will be in Dayton, Ohio from Juy 1 - 18 (my children are attending Camp Grandma while I attend RWA). I know there are a few SOS Aloha followers in the Columbus area so I suggested lunch on Saturday, July 9 for us to meet (time and place TBD). Of course I'll have RWA giveaways! If you are within driving distance, please join us! More info to come as the date draws nearer.
- Romance (Rom) Convention (Con) is Friday August 5 - Sunday, August 7 in Denver, Colorado. I attended last year's inaugural convention and enjoyed the intimate opportunities with many NYT's best selling authors. RomCon targets the reader of all genres!
Unfortunately, I will have just returned to Hawaii but this is another event I look forward to attending once I move back to the mainland. I have a few friends attending RomCon so I'll invite them for RomCon Recaps.
Perhaps you know of an event for readers to meet others in Romance - I invite you to leave a comment about such events! Otherwise, I invite all readers to leave a comment about Romance Conventions - one randomly selected commenter can select from my RT stash (the boxes are slowly trickling in). This giveaway is open to all readers. Comments are open through Saturday, April 30, 10 pm in Hawaii. I will announce the winner on Sunday, May 1.
Kim in Hawaii
Next weekend is the 9th Annual Waikiki Spam Jam. Spam is a Hawaiian staple along side rice and poi.