Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Aloha to Michele Gorman and BELLA SUMMER TAKES A CHANCE

Bella Summer Takes a Chance

Our household goods arrived yesterday ... reminding me of all the stuff we collected around the world!  I am thankful for the opportunities to travel to Europe, Asia, and even Africa.  Before I was married, I often thought of what it would be like to take a chance and live in London.   My mother hails from England ... so it may be in my blood.  Alas, I took another path to become a military spouse, scout mom, and Aloha Ambassador.



Speaking of Americans in London,  Michele Gorman (an American in London) is relaunching her book, BELLA SUMMER TAKES A CHANCE, about an American in London (link):

When is enough not enough?

Bella's career and relationship are her life's foundationwear: not glamorous and perhaps a bit binding, but supportive enough... until she realizes that they are not enough. Her life is sagging badly. She's never been in love with her boyfriend, despite a decade together. And somehow she stopped being a musician-with-a-day-job and became a consultant-who-was-musical. So she takes a terrifying leap of faith, leaving her relationship and resolving to follow her musical dreams no matter what.

But the life you walk away from doesn't always let you walk away.

With a wonderfully warm and witty cast of friends, all navigating between their ideals and the realities they face, together they'll find out what love and compromise really mean in this empowering tale about grasping life with both hands.


Filled with quirky characters and a lovely wrap up at the end, this is one for chick lit fans to read! 5 stars." - Chick Lit Plus

"Witty, well-written and next to impossible to put down, Bella Summer Takes a Chance is a must-read in my opinion." -The Book Chick

"I can't wait for Gorman's next offering, I definitely recommend Bella Summer Takes A Chance. " -Chick Lit Reviews and News

"The quirky characters, easy reading, and flowing storyline were all exactly what I was hoping for. I would recommend any of her books." -A Novel Review



Hubby (second from right) fulfilled his dream of singing barbershop.

Do you have an unfulfilled dream tucked away in your life?   One randomly selected commenter wins an ecopy of BELLA SUMMER TAKES A CHANCE.  This giveaway is open to all readers.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 24, 10 pm in Baltimore.   I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 25.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

To learn more about Michele and her books, check out her website at michelegorman.co.uk.

Single in the City13556434



11 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to be a beauty queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to travel and see the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of my dreams involve traveling. I've been to some pretty cool places, but I have lots of places left on my list to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my dreams are for my children now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes... I want to be happy with me! and settle in to a life that I'm proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would dearly love to meet William, Kate and baby George.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to visit Russia and Japan. I've been around Europe, but those two countries fascinate me. I don't know if it will ever happen since I'm paying for three college educations and two weddings this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much to do in so little time! Thanks for introducing me to a new author!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete