Friday, August 2, 2013

Mahalo e ke Akua .... Thanks be to God


Yesterday, we departed Hawaii ... and today we land in Baltimore.   Oh, I will miss the people, the culture, and the spirit.   As my farewell gift to you, I share the chant my son learned at Scout Camp for the Hawaiiana Award:

No ka la e puka mai ana ... for the morning sun.

No na ao a me ka moa'e ... for the clouds and the trade winds


No ka ua ... for the rainbow




No na mea kanu e ulu ana ... for the plants that grow

No na maka e 'ike ai i waiho'olu'u ... for eyes that see color


No na ihu e honi ai i na pua ... for noses that smell flowers




No na pepeiao e lohe ai i ka'aka'aka ... for ears that hear laughter

No na lima e hana ai i lei ... for hands that make lei


No ko'u pu'uwai e aloha aku ai ... for my heart that loves




Today I am giving away my favorite humorous romance set in Hawaii - Gina Robinson's THE SPY WHO LEFT ME:

If there’s one thing that can ruin a vacation, it’s running into your ex. Just ask Treflee Miller. If she’d only known that her husband Ty would be here in Hawaii—muscular, sun-bronzed, and infuriatingly gorgeous—she would have brought the divorce papers for him to sign. But life is full of surprises when you’re married to a world-class spy…

Ty Miller can understand why his wife is tired of playing Mrs. James Bond. He’s never home, he’s always on a mission, and he’s usually surrounded by exotic informants. He has to admit that the perfect spy makes a pretty lousy husband. But for the sake of Ty’s security and Treflee’s safety, they can’t blow his cover. Not here. Not now. Not when his longing is so strong, her lips so tempting—and his enemies so close…


The Spy Who Left Me (Agent Ex, #1)

I interviewed Gina at this link.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Hawaii - what have you learned about it from reading my blog?

2.  This giveaway is open to all readers.

3.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 10, 10 pm in Hawaii.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 11.

Mahalo,

"Crabby Kim" 
(Baltimore is known for its crabs)

To learn more about Gina and her books, check out her website at ginarobinson.com.



22 comments:

  1. I know you will miss Hawaii. I will miss it too. I learned so much. The history, the language, the customs .........

    ReplyDelete
  2. That I want to go there someday. I love the Hawaiian you tried to teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss the Hawaii posts too! Loved the pics the most! So beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing slices of your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I will miss your pictures OMG they were beautiful. I learned so much history about the island of Hawaii. And all the Hawaiian you tauight us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WEll... It is the most gorgeous place! Love those pics... No offence to other places but Hawaii is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That I wish I could back to Hawaii to visit or live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your Hawaii living so very much and I will miss also.
    Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've learned that there's a great history to Hawaii, and you'll be the first person I contact if I ever get to visit that great state. Your photos have always been wonderful, and I'll miss the beautiful beaches, friendly folks and tasty treats you've shared through the blog. I hope Baltimore offers you lots of opportunity and joy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha to you Kim. I know you will bring the Aloha spirit with you to Baltimore. I learned of many places I want to visit when I am in Hawaii. In fact, we are going to Kauai in Sept, and I have looked back over your posts on Kauai for ideas. I've also learned a lot of history, cultural stuff, food items they have in Hawaii, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the chant. I sincerely hope you had good flights. I've learned so much from your blog posts about Hawaii. You've shared it's history and culture. You've shown us pictures of such beauty, it takes my breath away. I've learned about the military based in Hawaii, the friends you've made, the food you've tried, and the adventures of your sons. And I learned how big a fan of H50 you are!! I thank you for sharing this experience with us and I'm looking forward to your next adventure in Baltimore. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew it was a beautiful place but I never knew how beautiful until I saw all the photos you put up on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree that it's one of the most beautiful places and your pics have shown that but also all the history and legends and about the people - their generous spirit and yours - that and much more we have learned from your wonderful blog. Now on to your new adventures...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aloha, Kim. Thank you for the chant, thank you for all your posts about the people, culture, history and beauty that is Hawaii. Most of all, thank you for all the help you offered when we made our first trip to the islands in June. We had a fabulous time, due in large part to you!

    Mahalo,
    ~PJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love learning about the food and blend of cultures in Hawaii. I always enjoy the scenic pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have enjoyed learning bits about the culture as well as how beautiful the scenery is. I've never been, but if I do go I have the feeling that I will see many of the places you have shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing about your time in Hawaii. I hope to one day visit myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aloha, I am so sorry to see your life in Hawaii end. It has been so much fun to "visit" the state through your eyes. You taught me so much about the natural beauty of the state. There is so much that tourists never see. And of course, you shared the language and the customs. Thank you so very much. Best wishes in your Baltimore adventure. Somehow, I think we will all learn a lot about Baltimore/Maryland now. It, too is a beautiful state with much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been thrilled by the beauty,culture and history you've shared via this blog.. I hope that your tour of service from Baltimore will be just as much fun! Thanks to you and your family for their service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  19. God blessed your time in Hawaii, I know you will be sad to leave but I hope you and your family find even more joy and happiness in Baltimore.

    Your posts throughout your time in Hawaii (both here and at Aloha on my mind) were like taking a mini vacation everything I would read them. Such a rich culture that sees beauty in everything from sunsets to flowers. Not to mention the memorials like Pearl Harbor.
    Thanks for sharing your journey Kim! I can't wait to see what you find next!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've learned that I'd like to get back to Hawaii - I just wish it wasn't so far from the east coast!

    An all you descriptions of the Hawiiaian culture was always very interesting.

    ReplyDelete