The day after Thanksgiving may be Black Friday to savvy shoppers, but it will be Release Day for Megan Multry's IN LOVE AGAIN, Book Three in her Unruly Royals series (link),
FIRST LOVE...Benjamin Hayek has never forgiven Claire for the heartless way she left him when they were teenagers in the south of France. And even if he could, Claire's not sure she has the courage to contend with how he makes her feel. Can they build a new love from an old flame? Or will a bitter history and a complicated future stand in their way?
To celebrate IN LOVE AGAIN, let's play Six Degrees of Separation:
1. On this day in 1922, Pharaoh Tutankhamum's tomb is opened for the first time in 3000 years by archaeologist Howard Carter and his sponsor Lord Carnarvon.
2. Lord Carnarvon's ancestral home is Highclere Castle, a 1000 estate in Hampshire, England.
3. Highclere Castle has an alter ego - Downton Abbey on PBS's popular Edwardian series of the same name.
Image by JB + UK_Planet (link)
Creative Commons Attribution (link)
4. Downton Abbey follows the aristocratic antics of the Earl of Grantham and his family.
5. The Earl is married to an American heiress; the show details their family's dance around "class" with their peers and their servants.
6. Megan Mulry's Unruly Royals features a contemporary "class" conflict - an aristocrat romances an American businesswoman in A ROYAL PAIN, his younger brother romances an American heiress in THE SHOE FITS, and his younger sister will be romanced by an American businessmen in R IS FOR REBEL (coming February 2014).
IN LOVE AGAIN is the story of the older sister ... demonstrating that love transcends class and oceans. I am giving away an ecopy of IN LOVE AGAIN. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about Downton Abbey - are you a fan?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, November 30, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, December 1.
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City
To learn more about Megan and her books, check out her website at meganmulry.com.