Friday, August 15, 2014

Read-A-Romance Month, Book Festivals, and the WRW's Readers and Bloggers Luncheon


Did you know August is READ-A-ROMANCE Month?  Now's your chance to catch up at this link.   Make sure you read my favorite author on Day 3. 


Mark you calendar for ...

National Book Festival - August 30, 2014, Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.

Baltimore Book Festival - September 26-28, 2014, Baltimore Inner Harbor

HallowRead - October 24-26, 2014, Historic downtown Ellicott City, MD



If you live within driving distance of Washington, DC, join me at WRW's Readers and Bloggers Lucheon on Saturday, October 11, 2014.  From their Facebook page (link),

Come for a Meet & Greet and dine with your favorite romance authors. Books will be signed, Swag will be given, and there will be dessert. (Lunch too, but that's just the obstacle before dessert)

Ready to sign up? Cost is $25 for readers and bloggers. This includes lunch. Remember to bring your books to get signed! 

Register at this link.

Do you have an special plans for the fall?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 16, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

25 comments:

  1. I have no special plans. Still trying to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plans for the fall are to fly to Las Vegas to visit my son and his wife, since they moved there recently. Then my sister will drive from near Palm Springs in California to pick me up and I'll visit her as well. I'm really looking forward to a fun vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure it, great pics
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is getting married November 1st, so I have so much to look forward too. It will be a beautiful day and now we just have to finish all the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any 'fun' plans for the fall, but I do need to have an outpatient surgery. ;)

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will be going into spring. No special plans, but that's OK too sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be going to Canada right after my birthday in Sept. so I am looking forward to that.

    ~Heather Foster

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goal is put up my new bookshelves and finally organize all of my books :) No travel plans... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. need to survive august before can figure out the fall ;) am busy almost all month (& managed to catch a cold to top it off), nothing like fitting most of summer plans into one month, what was I thinking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kids going back to school is the only biggie on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My bowling league will be starting up soon and of course football starts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No real plans for the fall, although at the end of August my daughter is coming for a visit - haven't seen her since last June when she moved to Arizona. Lots of hugs in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim--Thanks for the great links. Hubby and I plan to spend some time appreciating the fall season in Virginia and Kentucky. Have a good weekend, all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No special plans, maybe go apple picking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No special plans, just getting the kids back to their school schedule

    june111(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fall, even though our fall, isn't much different than our summer, or winter, or spring for that matter. Maybe I love the 'idea of fall." We may go visit my stepson who lives in Indiana. Maybe there it would feel more like fall.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing special coming up in the fall. One of these days, I would love to go a book festival.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, they all sound like so much fun! Wish they were closer to me. :-)
    I don't have any plans this fall, but we did go on a quick trip to PA with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have anything special planned for the fall. However, I will probably try and tackle some scrap booking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some day I'll get to one of these conventions and/or Festivals. They sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing Kim. I have no specific plans for the fall.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  21. We do! We are heading north for the birth of my Uncle's first baby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kids are back in school and will be doing a lot of working to save up for Xmas. At some point this year we are going to be doing a weekend trip to the Mall of America in Minnesota.
    christinebails at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just got back from Colorado a few wks ago. Not sure what else we will be doing this year.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete