Saturday, August 9, 2014

State of Romance - Florida



Each Wednesday, I host a column on USA Today's HEA Blog - State of Romance.  I explore romances set in the featured state. This week is my home state of Florida at this link.   

I happen to be in Florida this week, visiting college campuses with my teens (as my oldest is now a high school senior).   This gives me the opportunity to reconnect with my roots.  

The Sunshine State offers cultural diversity in Miami; Spanish history in St. Augustine; pristine beaches in the Panhandle; the tech corridor from Tampa to Orlando; and the tropical wetlands of the Everglades.   Florida's variety gives way to romance in all genres.



Have you read any of the books I listed in my HEA column?

Can you recommend any other romances set in Florida?


Have you visitited Florida?


One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my conventions stash.  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City 



22 comments:

  1. I've read the whole Barefoot Bay Billionaires series by Roxanne St. Claire. I only have the first book in her Barefoot Bay series, so am waiting to get them all before reading. I also have some of Shirley Jump's titles, but haven't read them yet.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of them as of yet but some are in my wish list for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Florida, disneywrold was fun
    Kmh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of any romances set in Florida. Was it hot when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to Miami and Key West.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the books mentioned in your post, but I loved Linnea Sinclair's SciFi Romance, The Downhome Zombie Blues, which was set in Florida. I live in Orlando, but I haven't ventured too far afield. I've only visited the surrounding Orlando area, including the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Legoland in Winter Haven and as far south as Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have family in Florida, we visit them every year. I love Darlene Marshall books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read those books yet although they are on my tbr list. I went to Florida before for Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Florida, but haven't visited many places, apart from Tampa and Orlando.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read the Barefoot Bay series, by Roxanne St. Claire, and I've read the Heather Graham book you mentioned.

    Hubby and I took the whole family to Disney World in January. It was quite a trip, grandkids and all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read the authors but not those particular books. I've been to FL at least half a dozen times or more. My mother-in-law lived there a while ago and our uncle rents a place every year and we've visited a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually lived in Florida when I was younger and it's still one of my favorite places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun in Fla. I have not read the books you listed on hea blog. And I cannot think of any books taking place in Fla.

    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  14. No.

    And I cannot think offhand any books that took place in Florida. I am lucky if I can remember the story afterwards. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been to Fort Lauderdale a couple of times when we left there for cruises. One time we stayed there for three nights and toured around and also drove down the Florida Keys to Key West. We stayed on Marathon Key. Would love to do that again. And visit other places in Florida too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't read any and no Florida setting books come to mind.
    Natalie's Mama

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never been but it's on my places I want to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read any of the books on your list. I lived in Florida for the first 9 years of my life but have only gone back to visit once.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never been to Florida before but the beaches always looks beautiful. The only one I've read is Shirley Jump's The Sweetheart Bargain. I can't think of any other Florida romances off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not read any of them. Will have to check them out. I live in FL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE Florida! Panama City and Pensacola, especially! :-)

    ReplyDelete