Time to play Six Degrees of Separation with historical author Susana Ellis in honor of her holiday release, A TWELFTH NIGHT TALE:
1. Susana's sister lived near me on Hickam AFB. In fact, our sons attended the same scout troop. My family also walked their dog, Trusty, during their extended trip off island.
2. I've shared my adventures around the island of Oahu with my friends (and authors) NL Gassert (link) and D. Renee Bagby (link).
|Renee, NL, and Ivy at Ka'ena Point.|
3. D. Renee Bagby featured Susana on her "D. Renee Bagby Presents First Chapters" (link).
4. Susana is a a member of the Maumee Valley Romance Writers of America - MVRWA (link).
5. The MVRWA also includes Rue Allen, a member of the RomVets (link), "military women who have turned the sword to pen".
6. I am also a member of the RomVets - I traded my military keyboard for a blogger's forum to promote romance authors like Susana Ellis!
|RomVets at RWA/2012|
A TWELFTH NIGHT NIGHT TALE is available November 21:
A wounded soldier and the girl next door find peace and love
amidst a backdrop of rural Christmas traditions.
Without dowries and the opportunity to meet eligible gentlemen, the five Barlow sisters stand little chance of making advantageous marriages. But when the eldest attracts the attention of a wealthy viscount, suddenly it seems as though Fate is smiling upon them.
Lucy knows that she owes it to her younger sisters to encourage Lord Bexley's attentions, since marriage to a peer will secure their futures as well as hers. The man of her dreams has always looked like Andrew Livingston, her best friend's brother. But he's always treated her like a child, and, in any case, is betrothed to another. Perhaps the time has come to put away childhood dreams and accept reality…and Lord Bexley.
Andrew has returned from the Peninsula with more emotional scars to deal with than just the lame arm. Surprisingly, it's his sister's friend “Little Lucy” who shows him the way out of his melancholy. He can't help noticing that Lucy's grown up into a lovely young woman, but with an eligible viscount courting her, he'll need a little Christmas magic to win her for himself.
Susana is offering a special grand prize on her website at susanaellis.com. Meanwhile, I am giving away my own "Christmas Magic". Since all roads lead to Hawaii, I am offering up my last Hawaiian ornament. To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about "Lucy" - do you know anyone with that name? I don't ... but I LOVED LUCY!
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, November 23, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 24.
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City