Friday, October 3, 2014

Celebrate Little Victories - Baltimore Book Festival


Last weekend, I attended the Baltimore Book Festival (link) in the Inner Harbor.  The Maryland Romance Writers (link) hosted in its own stage and invited me to participate in Blogging About Books:

Book bloggers talk about running a successful book blog, working with authors and publishers, how to keep their fans engaged, and offer authors tips for building successful relationships with book bloggers.

Panelists: Andye Eppes, ReadingTeen.net; Jen Fisher, Jenuine Cupcakes/Young Adult Book Central; Hannah McBride, The Irish Banana Review; Stephanie Sinclair, Cuddlebuggery; Jillian Stein, Read-Love-Blog; Kim Lowe, SOS Aloha Blog

During the panel, I stated, "If I post it, they will read it," which was later tweeted by the audience!  I acknowledged my faithful followers - you! - make it worth the effort.


I caught up with Damon Suede (link) and D. Renee Bagby (link).  Damon proved to be an amazing dancer at the RT Booklovers Convention ... and Renee is one of my travel buddies from Hawaii. 

Have you attended a book festival?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, October 11, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 12.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



21 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to say that I haven't attended any book festivals. We never have any near us here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended the Washington, DC Book Festival on the Mall back when First Lady Laura Bush was heading it. Books as far as I could see, and I got to meet Spider Robinson. I met Damon and his devils :) at Barbara Vey's Readers Luncheon in South Milwaukee, and D. Renee /Zenobia and her tentacles at Lori Foster's get together in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never attended a book festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did once in New London. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to a few when I was in school, but no recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I book festival sounds like something I would enjoy. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I have attended the RT Convention. Lori Foster's Get together, Barbara Vey's luncheon and Lady Jane's Salon. I want that tee shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't attended any but I want to soooo bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A books festival; how great.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  10. No I have never been to a bookfestival, but it sounds great...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been but would be something I would love.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been but it sounds like a lot of fun :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I''m afraid I haven't but I hope to some day. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been to one, but I hope to someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have attended the Book Festival in Washington, DC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never attended an actual book festival, but it sure sounds fun. I'll keep my eye out for one in my area, but I've never see one yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awesome!! :)
    I have attended only 1, Book Bash in Orlando last year. We (I dragged my hubby along) had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. No, I've never had the chance to attend a Book Festival - it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not yet - maybe someday - the weeks go by very fast!

    ReplyDelete