Friday, November 13, 2015

Aloha to Julie Rowe, MEN OF ACTION, and Quilts of Valor

27797717

I believe we should celebrate veterans all month long. Julie Rowe joins me today to continue the celebration with her special box set, MEN OF ACTION:

Secret Santa

A nurse grieving the death of her twin brother receives an unexpected gift at the staff Secret Santa party: the bullet that killed him and a message of hope and love.
Previously published in the Timeless Keepsakes anthology

A Pirate’s Vacation 

A doctor grieving the death of her husband, buys a B&B in the Virgin Islands in need of a lot of fixing. Her old flame arrives to help with repairs, but will she let him heal her shattered heart?
Previously published in the Timeless Escapes anthology

Medal of Honor 

When a Chicago surgeon is informed her homeless father has been murdered, she’s shocked to discover he won the Medal of Honor years ago in Vietnam. Now the killer has her in his sights, but the detective on the case has no intention of letting anyone hurt her. Ever.  
Previously published in the Timeless Treasures anthology

Including all new material in each story!

All author proceeds from the sale of this boxed set will be donated to Quilts of Valour (link). Supporting Canadian Armed Forces members past and present with quilts of comfort in their time of need.

CFA Member

Julie Rowe’s first career as a medical lab technologist in Canada took her to the North West Territories and northern Alberta, where she still resides. She loves to include medical details in her romance novels, but admits she’ll never be able to write about all her medical experiences because, “No one would believe them!” A double Golden Heart finalist 2006, Julie’s writing has appeared in several magazines such as Today’s Parent, Reader’s Digest (Canada), and Canadian Living. She currently facilitates communication workshops for her local city college. Julie enjoys hearing from her readers. You can reach her at julieroweauthor.com or on Twitter @julieroweauthor.



I am giving away 5 digital copies of MEN OF ACTION, one for each branch of service, to randomly selected commenters.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Canada - what do you know about our Northern neighbor and/or what do you love about them?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, November 21, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, November 22.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

12 comments:

  1. When I think of Canada I think of hockey and poutine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you're speaking my language! Poutine and hockey!

      Delete
  2. they have Niagara Falls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have friends and family in Canada. I know I would NOT survive the Canadian winters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a cruise to Canada in May/June. I loved it. The people were amazing. Then we met a couple from Toronto and we plan to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know as much about Canada as I should! I remember, as a small child, traveling around Canada to visit their beautiful churches. And, in my opinion, Niagara Falls is much prettier on the Canadian side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went there once. Grandpa drove us over a bridge, told us to hop out and walk around the car, look this way, look that way, now let's got home. Seriously, that was the trip. I was probably 5 years old.

    Many year later one of my friends, a Canadian with a green card, helped me organize many books fairs for our kids' elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was there for 4 or 5 days when I was about 13 with a friend and her family. The country was gorgeous and the people friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby was born in Winnipeg and they have produced some great hockey players.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful place. I have visited Sarnia, Ontario a lot and enjoyed our visits there. We also have dear friends that are from Quebec, Canada.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canada has been a favorite spot to visit. I grew up on the border with Quebec and both of my parents had relatives across the border. When we got married, my husband was stationed at Loring AFB in northern Maine. The quickest and easiest way to visit the family in northern NT was to drive through Canada. We visited Prince Edward Island and Cape Breton in 2001 and it was truly the best vacation we ever took, even with 9/11 happening while we were there. We have been through some of the central provinces and Vancouver, BC. We hope to go back to British Columbia. Our trip to Vancouver was during the Worlds Fair and it was much too crowded.

    ReplyDelete