Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fàilte St. Andrew's Day, Monica McCarty, and The Striker

23146402

Triùir a thig gun iarraidh – gaol, eud is eagal.
Three that come unbidden – love, jealousy and fear.

Just in time for St. Andrew's Day on November 30, Monica McCarty's THE STRIKER, Book 10 in the celebrated Highland Guard series ...

Six years ago, Eoin "Striker” MacLean endured the greatest betrayal of his life, a disaster that led Robert the Bruce to a crushing defeat and left Eoin without the spirited woman who ruled his heart. Eoin knew that falling in love with his sworn enemy’s daughter was risky, dividing him between a possessive desire for beautiful Margaret MacDowell and an undying loyalty to his king. He promised Bruce that he would keep his fiery bride in the dark about the elite Highland Guard, but he could not predict the dire consequences his secret would have on his young marriage. Nor could he foresee how surrendering to temptation could cripple Bruce’s cause, forcing Eoin to blame his wife—and himself for trusting her.

Now, as Bruce prepares to challenge the resistance’s remaining strongholds, Eoin finally has his chance for revenge against the woman he once loved so fiercely and her entire clan. But when ferociously independent Margaret reveals a surprise that unites her with Eoin, neither of them will let their love go down without a fight.


What do you get when you mix a legal career, a baseball career, motherhood, and a love of history with a voracious reader? In my case, a Historical Romance Author.  Find out more from Monica's website, monicamccarty.com.

I am giving away a print copy of THE STRIKER to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Alba - Scotland.  It was my favorite place to visit ... until I moved to Hawaii.  Yet both Alba and Hawaii share the same sense of spirituality in the culture and land.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, December 5, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, December 6.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



15 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I have no knowledge of that town in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard that Gaelic name for Scotland before (just googled it!). I enjoyed my one trip to Scotland - it was many years ago - I'd love to go back! I loved Hawaii too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't heard of it before

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotland is definitely one place I hope to visit some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have ancestors who were Scots. Got to love a man in a kilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scotland is on my bucket list of places to visit!! I can't wait to get my hands on The Striker, I so love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scotland is also on my bucket list. I hope to see it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been to Scotland and enjoyed it. I fund Culloden to be moving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would looooove to visit ;) thanks for the fun spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to visit Scotland some of ancestors were from Scotlan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been to Alba, but I've been to other parts of Scotland. The parts that I saw were absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been there. The only place in Scotland that I have been is Lerwick in the Shetland Islands. Would love to visit more of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to visit anywhere - really everywhere in 'Alba' or Scotland as most of us know it. :-) The pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit, I don't know too much about Scotland aside from it's breathtaking scenery but I hope to one day get to visit there and learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never been to Scotland, but I would love to visit someday. It looks so beautiful in pictures.

    ReplyDelete