Saturday, November 28, 2015

Aloha to Kandy Shepherd and GIFT WRAPPED IN THE WEDDING DRESS - Book Review

25494287

The billionaire's Christmas proposal … 

Billionaire Dominic Hunt's Christmas ball is a chance for hard-working party planner Andie Newman to make her name. She's intent on convincing gorgeous Dominic that decking the halls is the way to transform his brooding reputation, but he has an alternative idea—a festive proposal!

After Dominic unexpectedly helps Andie with her own emergency, she says yes! The engagement is meant to be just for show, but as Dominic and Andie are surrounded by the magic of Christmas, they find their fake feelings are becoming all too real.



You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. ~ Author Unknown


Magazine editor turned party planner Andie Newman enters the lair of the lion, cut throat billionaire businessman Dominic Hunt, for the chance to coordinate his annual charity ball. Although she is impressed by the impeccable house (and home owner), she glimpses a vulnerable crack in Dominic's facade.

Dominic reluctantly opens his home for a charity ball to overcome his scrooge image.  After interviewing several planners with bland ideas, he is taken back by Andie's fresh perspective and lovely legs.  Dominic carries emotional baggage from his childhood ... but Andie's optimism inspires him to let go.  

Aussie author Kandy Shepherd gives readers a flirty romance laced with holiday cheer.  GIFT WRAPPED IN HER WEDDING DRESS is an ultimate escape from the pressure cooker which often accompanies the Christmas season.   Shepherd reminds readers to have fun, be kind, and take a chance of love in this sweet romance from Down Under.

I received a print copy of GIFT WRAPPED IN HER WEDDING DRESS from the author for an honest review.


I met Kandy Shepherd at the RWA Annual Conference in NYC this past summer ... so it is only fitting to giveaway RWA swag to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Do you enjoy wrapping gifts ... or using gift bags?  I often volunteered for gift wrapping fundraisers at the base exchange. I enjoyed adding a special touch with bows, especially for men giving gifts to their wives, daughters, and mothers.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, December 5, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, December 6.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Kandy and her books at kandyshepherd.com.

Kandy and I share a drink before the Rita awards in NYC!

13 comments:

  1. I have this book on order now I can't wait for it to come in. Great review thanks.
    I like wraping gifts as long as I have a lot of tape, I always run out.
    Penney
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to wrap gifts, but use gift bags for those big or odd shaped items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy wrapping gifts, I only have a small number to wrap so I can put extra time in the details. Picking paper and ribbons to suit each person is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love to wrap presents. I usually put on a favorite DVD and then have fun with the wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I start to wrap it's really neat and nice and then I start to get tired and oh well you don't want to know the boxes look like. I also use gift bags for little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like doing both. I end up using bags a lot because it is quicker and I'm usually wrapping gifts at the last minute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a little of both. This year we have more presents to wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind using wrapping paper for a few gifts, but I now tend to use more gift bags. It's so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy wrapping gifts - if I can be organized about it - gift bags are great for oddly shaped or very large gifts.

    ReplyDelete