Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Aloha to Julie Rowe and HOLLYWOOD SCANDAL

22054557

Meeting Julie Rowe ranks in my top ten moments at RT14 in NOLA - she is an energizing author with a generous heart.   She joins me today to celebrate the release of HOLLYWOOD SCANDAL - isn't that cover sexy?

Kim:  We love international travel here at SOS Aloha. What is your favorite sight, sound, and smell of Alberta, Canada?

Julie:  The Rocky Mountains would be my favorite sight, smell and sound. Pine needle scented air, the slightest bite of snow to remind you that the snowline isn't that far away. So beautiful. There's a highway between Banff and Jasper, Alberta that goes down the back of the Rockies and is one of the most beautiful drive's in the world. If you ever have a chance, go for a drive there.

Kim:  How did you jump into a career as a full time author, freelance writer, and workshop facilitor?

Julie:   By accident. I wrote up a creative writing workshop for my local college and it went over well, so they asked me to teach a business writing workshop for them. That went well, so they added Report and Procedure writing workshops. Those went well, so they kept asking me to teach more/different classes until I told them I couldn't fit anything else into my schedule.

The magazine writing got started after a workshop on writing for magazines. I submitted a few article ideas and sold them, so I kept at that as well. Getting paid is a big motivator. :-)

Kim:  What did you learn from fans and industry members alike at the RT Booklovers' Convention?

Julie:  I learned that fans don't forget a good book, and neither do editors or agents. I learned that writers are often the most generous of people, helping out in ways that are often creative and fun. I learned that readers are constantly looking for great new authors to read. I learned that no one knows where the publishing business is going to go next, but everyone has an opinion. I learned that the world is a small place where people can connect with darn near anyone from anywhere over the miracle that is social media.

Photo: Julie Rowe of Canada, presented me with a $5 Silver Military Coin --commemorating the  Devil's Brigade, Canada's elite combat unit formed with the USA from 1942-1944.
Julie presented a special coin to Kathryn Falk
at the SOS America Military Tribute

Kim:  Tell us about your books - what is your unique twist to romance?

Julie:  I write medical romance and adventure, but my unique twist is the theme of RECOVERY threaded throughout all my stories, long or short. I write about people who are generous, courageous and intelligent trying to deal with grief, loss and emotional (and sometimes physical) trauma. These are highly independent and educated people who suddenly find themselves unable to handle the trauma without help. How many of us wait too long to ask for help?

Kim:  What's next for Julie Rowe?

Julie:  I'm working on developing a military medical romance trilogy for one publisher and serializing another story as a self-published project for myself. :-)

Mahalo, Julie!  I am excite to read HOLLYWOOD SCANDAL - A Seacliffe Medical Novel:

Dr. Calla Roberts has seen too much death, destruction and betrayal to ever believe in fairy tales or men who are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. Which is why LA Lawyer Alex Hardy irritates the crap out of her. He’s a lawyer who practices radical honesty in a city famous for make believe. When an actor who thinks he can buy or cheat his way out of anything attempts to discredit Calla, Alex (with a crooked nose for trouble) champions her desperate cause. She slowly begins to think that good guys do exist, until she discovers Alex has lied about who he is, and who he loves.

I am giving away a digital copy of HOLLYWOOD SCANDAL to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway, 

1.  What Hollywood scandal caught your attention?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Julie and her books at julieroweauthor.com.

22024564

Also available this week from Julie ...
come back on Saturday for another giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. It didn't at the time because I was too young, but nowadays I find the death of Natalie Wood very intriguing. With Robert Wagner, Christopher Walken, and whatever really happened that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not follow them. I have no interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't find much scandalous about Hollywood, but then I'm over 60 and have discovered that everyone has their secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have one that I really followed. If I did I would say it was the Hollywood Madam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm... I don't really follow hollywood scandals either, I guess whatever hits the main news... I think the latest I heard was the whole Seth Rogan movies being blamed for the gunman in California.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, I think there is a new one every day. Some guy hit Brad Pitt on the red carpet today lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot about Tori Spelling and her husband. They left their spouses for each other after meeting on a set and now he's cheated on her and their marriage is on the rocks and all the drama is being filmed as a reality show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't really follow them

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw on TV today about the former journalist who likes to crash red carpet events. He's the one who tried to attack Brad Pitt at a movie premiere.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most recent one I noticed was of Beyonce's sister and husband fighting in an elevator.

    ReplyDelete