Thursday, May 1, 2014

Belles on Wheels - Gallery Books Bus Tour 2014


Small Belles on Wheels logo

Get ready for the BELLES ON WHEELS Bus Tour to come to a city near you! Fan faves such as Emma Chase, Alice Clayton, Kresley Cole, Kyra Davis, Katy Evans, Lisa Renee Jones, Christina Lauren, Jennifer Probst, S.C. Stephens, and Kristen Proby will pop up at signings all over the south during this multi-city tour. Be sure to get all of your tour information here and connect with your favorite indie authors through social media using #BellesOnWheels.
ATLANTA, GA 
Attending authors: Emma Chase, Alice Clayton, Kresley Cole, Kyra Davis, Lisa Renee Jones, Christina Lauren, Jennifer Probst, S.C. Stephens, Kristen Proby
Friday, May 9th – 7:00 PM
KROGER, 3420 South Cobb Drive, Smyrna, GA 30082
BIRMINGHAM, AL
Attending authors: see Atlanta
Saturday, May 10th – 12:00 PM
BOOKS-A-MILLION (#180), 757 Brookwood Village, Birmingham, AL 35209
MEMPHIS, TN
Attending authors: see Atlanta
Saturday, May 10th – 6:00 PM (note: event is now one hour earlier than previously listed 7pm start time)
THE BOOKSELLERS AT LAURELWOOD (Laurelwood Shopping Center)
387 Perkins Road Extended, Memphis, TN 38117
DALLAS, TX
Attending authors: Emma Chase, Alice Clayton, Kresley Cole, Kyra Davis, Katy Evans, Lisa Renee Jones, Christina Lauren, Jennifer Probst, S.C. Stephens, Kristen Proby
Sunday, May 11th – 12:00 PM
HALF PRICE BOOKS, 5803 East Northwest Highway, Dallas, TX 74231
AUSTIN, TX
Attending authors: see Dallas
Sunday, May 11th – 6:00 PM
BOOKPEOPLE, 603 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78703
HOUSTON, TX
Attending authors: Emma Chase, Alice Clayton, Kresley Cole, Kyra Davis, Katy Evans, Lisa Renee Jones, Christina Lauren, Jennifer Probst, Kristen Proby
Monday, May 12th – 7:00 PM
BARNES & NOBLE (The Woodlands Mall)
1201 Lake Woodlands Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381
GREENWOOD, MS
Attending authors: Emma Chase, Alice Clayton, Kresley Cole, Kyra Davis, Lisa Renee Jones, Christina Lauren, Jennifer Probst, Kristen Proby
Tuesday, May 13th – 7:00 PM
TURNROW BOOK CO.
304 Howard St, Greenwood, MS 38930
RT Bus Tour Map
Wow!  Wouldn't that be amazing to be a groupie on this road tour!  The bus tour reminds me of the "Love Train" that traveled from Los Angeles to New York for the 1983 RT Booklovers' Convention (link).   Then again, the Belles On Wheels will be at this year's RT Booklovers' Convention in NOLA ... so all roads lead to books!

Do you have a favorite road trip?  One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 31, 10 pm in Baltimore.  Yep!  One month long.   I'll post the winner on Sunday, June 1.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

The Love Train from the Sanfilippo Collection (link)

17 comments:

  1. Shame that it's not coming to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Hawaii, and napa valley was fun
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken some road trips but always to get to the other destination. I'd love to take one just to see the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a great trip as marked on the map. The best road trip I have ever taken was as a child. My family camped it's way all around Australia. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun! My favorite road trip was driving to Colorado with a friend when I was 19!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a lot of fun :) I'm not a big fan of long car rides. I try to read and get mildly car sick. Plus, when we were kids, we'd drive down to visit my aunts in Texas and that was an 18 hour trip. Bleh! But I've never done long trips in a big, comfy bus, so maybe that would make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't like road trips

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy any road trip that takes me through beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm usually just in a hurry to get to the final destination - even if it's just the stop for that night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Quebec a few yrs ago with hubby and friends.
    Patoct

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think road trips might be one of my least favorite things to do because I have to drive the distance AND drive back home. I did take a trip with my church to Monterrey, Mexico so we could put on a vacation bible school for the children there. It was beautiful. Then we stopped at Corpus Christie, TX to see the ocean. Now that was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning All:
    How exciting it would be to be a apart of this adventure! I'm a single mom of three and a book for life. These are some of my favorite authorsI would love to meet.Would be awesome to travel to the New Jersey/New York area.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We took a road trip to Williamsburg and it was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not enjoy road trips so no, I don't have a favorite one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favorite road trips occurred when we were living in El Paso, TX. We decided to go to Ruidoso, NM for the weekend. It was a lovely place and I could have lived there - except for the average of 80 inches of snow I was told they received! On the way back we just picked a road to travel and found ourselves in the beautiful mountains with trees changing color and quaint shops, ending up in Cloudcroft. We noticed a craft fair and found a fresh apple pie sale and fantastic crafts - items I wasn't accustomed to seeing. Got to speak with some Navajo craftsmen. Truly a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I want to be a groupie on that trip! One of my favorite road trips was in 2011 when we drove from Southern CA to the national parks in Alberta, Canada. We saw some really amazing sights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite road trip was a few years ago now. A friend of mine, her family owns a cabin in Kenora, Ontario which is about half a days drive from where I live. Well myself and two of my other girlfriends decided to go surprise her one weekend when she was out there alone before her family joined her so we got up really early and made the long trek over. She had no clue we were coming but boy did we have a blast when we got there! We went boating, had a campfire, sang out loud to entertain her poor traumatized dog. Made for a sleepy ride home, that's for sure lol

    ReplyDelete