Monday, June 16, 2014

Aloha to Kieran Kramer and SWEET TALK ME - Book Review



18077748

HE’S SURE GOT A WAY WITH WORDS…

The last person True Maybank expected to run into while picking up her wedding gown was country music superstar Harrison Gamble. Years ago, when they were small-town teens in Biscuit Creek, South Carolina, they shared a forbidden night of passion. Now that she’s about to settle down, True’s love affair with the handsome crooner is a thing of the past. Or is it? In Sweet Talk Me, from the moment he says hello, she has to fight swooning like an adoring fan.

CAN SHE RESIST HIS CHARMS?

Today he’s rich, famous, and on every woman’s hot list. But back in the day, Harrison wasn’t good enough for debutante True. Since then she’s had her fair share of marital prospects, including the perfect Southern gentleman she’s about to settle down with. Is Harrison the only one to realize the mistake True’s about to make? Can the society girl and the sexy singer make music together—this time around?


“Kieran Kramer’s smart, sassy storytelling charms readers because there is always poignancy mixed with passion, tenderness, and humor.” —RT Book Reviews


Sweet talk me into shave ice!

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Beloved historical romance author Kieran Kramer takes readers home to her Southern roots in her new contemporary novel, SWEET TALK ME.   Kramer delivers the sweet - a bride preparing for her wedding.   The talk - the bride's former flame is back in town.   And the me - a Hawaiian word for lap.  Will the bride lap up the wedding frenzy ... or lap up her first love's sweet affection?

Kramer brings Biscuit Creek alive with quirky characters, snappy dialogue, and the chance to recapture a lost love. Readers will cheer for True and Harrison while laughing along with the small Southern town that oozes charm.   Perfect read for a lazy summer day ... by the pool  ... on the beach ... with a tall glass of sweet Southern tea!  

Instead of biscuits, Hawaii offers green tea puffs!

I am giving away a print copy of SWEET TALK ME to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about what you like sweet - tea? wine? kisses?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, June 21, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, June 22.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Kieran and her books at kierankramerbooks.com.

Beignet - a sweet Southern treat!

16 comments:

  1. I like my tea sweet, with one sugar. I also like the look of that Beignet above. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like sweet kisses and sweet treats (like cake, cookies and brownies), but I like my tea with lemon. ;)

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such a sweet tooth, anything from chocolates to pastries to sweet drinks like Slurpees are totally up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I do like my wine a touch on the sweet side. I also love my mother's baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sweets especially Heavenly Hash ice-cream and cream puffs with powdered sugar. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sweet rolls of any kind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sweet tea and sweet rolls! Thanks for sharing! I'm dying to read this book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love any sweet thing. Tea... Candies.. .. Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sweet wine, tea, and baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like many sweets, especially ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not much for sweet tea, but wine and kisses are always accepted. And don't forget the desserts!

    ReplyDelete