Today is release day for Rebecca Zanetti's SWEET REVENGE in ebook. Let's celebrate with Eight Degrees of Separation.
1. From Rebecca's bio (link),
Favorite part about college: She went to Pepperdine in Malibu on the beach. Great education and surfing counted as a PE credit. What’s not to love?
2. Surfers are a Band of Brothers in the kai (sea).
3. BAND OF BROTHERS is Stephen Ambrose's biography of Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division.
4. The 101st Airborne Division - the "Screaming Eagles" - participated in Operation Overlord (D-Day landings), Operation Market Garden (liberation of the Netherlands), and the Battle of the Bulge. Their bravery inspired HBO to serialize Ambrose's book, BAND OF BROTHERS.
5. The title, BAND OF BROTHERS, comes from Shakespeare's HENRY V as the king inspires his outnumbered army before the Battle of Agincourt (Act IV, Scene 3):
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
|Morning of the Battle of Agincourt, 25th October 1415
Painting by Sir John Gilbert
Public Domain (link)
6. Saint Crispin and his twin brother, Crispinian, demonstrated extraordinary faith who escaped death at least once. They were their own Band of Brothers.
7. Rebecca Zanetti created her Sin Brothers series as "a band of brothers who carry unnatural powers genetically engineered into them by a black ops military unit."
8. SWEET REVENGE is Book 2 in the Sin Brothers series:
Matt Dean was born to fight . . . and kill. A member of a secret black-ops military unit, he and his brothers were genetically engineered by the government to be the perfect soldiers with an expiration date. Now, with time running out, he’s gone rogue in a relentless quest for the one person who can save them. His mission leads him to Charmed, Idaho . . . and to a beautiful woman with eyes like emeralds and a body made for pleasure.
The One Woman He Can’t Resist
Laney Jacobs knows the mysterious, handsome stranger is trouble from the moment he walks into her bar, looking for a job. She’s spent years running from her own past-the last thing she needs is a romantic entanglement. But Matt’s strong arms offer her protection and his gentle touch promises passion unlike anything she’s ever known. As lethal forces surround them, revealing explosive secrets about Matt’s past and putting everything-and everyone-he holds dear in danger, can he save them all before time runs out?
I am giving away an ecopy of SWEET REVENGE to one randomly selected commenter (the print book will be available in June 2014). To enter the giveaway,
1. Leave a comment about surfing - have you tried it? Have you watched it?
2. This giveaway is open to all readers.
3. Comments are open through Saturday, December 7, 10 pm in Baltimore. I'll post the winner on Sunday, December 8.
Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City
To learn more about Rebecca and her books, check out her website at rebeccazanetti.com.
Check out pictures of Hawaii's surf on my travel blog, ALOHA ON MY MIND, at this link.