Friday, January 15, 2016

Aloha to Katrina Snow and FORBIDDEN

27763505

Aloha!  I am away from home this week with limited internet access. I hope you enjoy the book spotlights in my absence ...

Lady Katherine Durant has perfected the art of hiding her Gifts—a valuable skill in a land where any hint of sorcery could lead to the burning stake. But, hiding her Gifts isn’t the same as not using them, and that troublesome difference has led to capture each time she’s run from her uncle.

Now, using a newly-discovered spell, she binds her powers and flees again—this time for her life. Unfortunately, her plan to hide as a maid in a distant kingdom goes awry when she unwittingly gets entered into a festival competition for the hand of a prince—a man with a wicked kiss and a sense of adventure that rivals her own.

All she’s ever hoped for is a quiet existence as a servant, never imagining she could find laughter and belonging and love. And now the mischievous prince has her dreaming of all those things.

With a bounty on her head, sorcerers closing in, and a prince threatening to steal her heart, could it finally be time to stop running? Time to trust? Time to love?



Katrina Snow writes renaissance-era fantasy romance, but also has YA and contemporary characters in her head lobbying for stories of their own.

She’s a fervent traveler, avid photographer, and dark chocolate fanatic, and enjoys those pursuits when she isn’t writing or earning her keep at her busy day job.

Katrina lives in New York City with a neurotic tabby and eight million other people who might also be deemed neurotic.


Learn more about Katrina and her books at katrinasnow.com.

File:Caerphilly Castle January 2011.jpg
Caerphilly Castle in Wales
Image by Rob via Creative Commons (link)

I have FORBIDDEN next in my review pile ... meanwhile, I am giving away fantasy swag to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,


1.  Leave a comment about historic homes - do you have a favorite castle, manor, palace, etc?

One jewel in Wales is Caerphilly Castle, in a town famous for Caerphilly cheese!

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 23, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 24.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Another favorite is Caerlaverock Castle near Dumfries, Scotland
Public Domain (link)

18 comments:

  1. There is a Scottish Castle in Downton Abbey. I don't know the name but it is pure fairy tale. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one in Downton too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windsor Castle and McCormick's House in Catigny in Wheaton, IL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like castles that are ruins. No particular preference, but they have such character

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have a favorite - they all intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Neuschwanstein Castle - gorgeous place, but a sad story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Errr...all of them?? *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Chelsea, ALL of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Downton Abby castle
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Windsor Castle and the mansions of the gilded age in Newport, RI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No real favorites. We visit them where ever we go. I really want to go to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Europe. I can indulge my love of old houses and castles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No real favorites. We visit them where ever we go. I really want to go to Ireland, Scotland, England, and Europe. I can indulge my love of old houses and castles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aloha, Kim! Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the spotlight on Forbidden. My apologies for the belated response. I've been obsessively working on my book trailer and haven't been faithfully checking my email. I love all the castle pics and the comments people have been posting. Neuschwanstein is one of my favorites, but I love Glamis castle in Scotland, too.

    I hope you are enjoying Forbidden and can't wait to hear what you think of it. :)

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete