Thursday, January 28, 2016

Aloha to Laura Trentham and A BRAZEN BARGAIN (Spies and Lovers Book 2)

28204162

Lauara Trentham is celebrating the release of A BRAZEN BARGAIN:

Love soothes the deepest of scars. Spies and Lovers, Book 2 Minerva Bellingham is at her wits' end. Her younger brother, Simon, will have them penniless and on the streets if his extravagant gambling habit isn't curtailed. An enormous debt to Lord Rafe Drummond is the final indignity. Signing over her dowry is their only choice. Until Lord Drummond suggests something much more scandalous. She can keep her dowry-in exchange for the Bellinghams working three months as a housemaid and stable boy. Scarred from his service to the Crown, Rafe recognizes the young Simon Bellingham has the makings of a good duke. Minerva is a different story. Her pure, delicate beauty only underscores Rafe's tarnished, bleak soul.  

Yet he delights in cracking Minerva's icy reserve to reveal a fiery, stubborn woman. And Minerva discovers the gruff master of Wintermarsh has the heart of a poet. But before they can find a future safe in each other's arms, a menace from Simon's licentious past slithers back into their lives, forcing Rafe to plan the most important rescue mission of his life. 


Warning: Contains a paragon of the beau monde who gets the hang of polishing silver, and a master of the house who'd like her to make his bed-preferably with him in it. Also passion unleashed with the mere touch of a finger. Readers are encouraged to swoon.



Servants' costumes from Downton Abbey

From Laura's bio,


I was born and raised in a small town in Northwest Tennessee. Although, I loved English and reading in high school, I was convinced an English degree equated to starvation! So, I chose the next most logical major - Chemical Engineering- and worked in a hard hat and steel toed boots for several years. Now I live in South Carolina with my husband and two children. In between school and homework and soccer practices, I love to get lost in another world, whether its Regency England or small town Alabama.

Learn more about Laura and her books, including an excerpt from A BRAZEN BARGAIN, at lauratrentham.com.   Check out my review of AN INDECENT INVITATION, Book 1 in the series, at this link.   Stay tuned for my review of A BRAZEN BARGAIN!  I am giving away Regency swag to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Laura's home state of Tennessee - what do you know about the Volunteer State?  I'll share my father's favorite joke.  What did Tennessee?  What Arkansas. (He was a country boy who enjoyed corny humor).


2.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 30, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 31.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

25909410

Book 1 in the series






15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cover. All I know about Tennessee is that it's famous for it's country music, and Elvis Presley's "Graceland home".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much, but know that Nashville is known for its barbecue and music scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joke made me laugh. I know a little bit about Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been there but I had a friend who lived there and she said it as beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We drive through Tennessee when we go Florida....it's a beautiful state and I love the mountains and Dollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I don't know anything about Tennesse... But Laura's books seem wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'v only driven through but it was beautiful country and famous for it's country songs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to Tennesse - I know Nashville is there

    ReplyDelete
  9. my dad is from NE Tennessee and my parents retired there. Tennessee has always felt like a second home to me.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tennessee is now where we call home. We live in the northeastern corner near the oldest town in the state, Davy Crockett's Birthplace Park, The National Storytelling Center, and Andrew Johnson National Park. Bristol Motor Speedway and Asheville, NC aren't far away. We are in the foothills of The Blue Ridge Mountains. The state is long East to West and the topography divides it into 3 different areas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not been to Tennessee. It is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never have been; I know it has lots of country music things to visit.
    ladbookfan813@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to walk down music row in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete