Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday's Warrior - Aloha to Piper J. Drake and EXTREME HONOR

25521670

Piper J. Drake is getting ready for the release of EXTREME HONOR, True Heroes Book One, available January 26 from Forever Romance: 

David Cruz is good at two things: war and training dogs. The ex-soldier's toughest case is Atlas, a Belgian Malinois whose handler died in combat. Nobody at Hope's Crossing kennel can break through the animal's grief. That is, until dog whisperer Evelyn Jones walks into the facility . . . and into Atlas's heart. David hates to admit that the curvy blonde's mesmerizing effect isn't limited to canines. But when Lyn's work with Atlas puts her in danger, David will do anything to protect her.

Lyn realizes that David's own battle scars make him uniquely qualified for his job as a trainer. Tough as nails yet gentle when it counts, he's gotten closer to Atlas than anyone else-and he's willing to put his hard-wired suspicion aside to let her do the same. But someone desperate enough to kill doesn't want Lyn working with Atlas. Now only teamwork, trust, and courage can save two troubled hearts and the dog who loves them both . . .


Piper J. Drake (or "PJ") spent her childhood pretending to study for the SATs by reading every interesting novel she could borrow from the local and school libraries. She was introduced to the wonderful world of romance by her best friend and dove into the genre.

PJ began her writing career as "PJ Schnyder" writing sci-fi & paranormal romance and steampunk. She has recently received the FF&P PRISM award for her work as well as the NJRW Golden Leaf award and Parsec award.

Now, PJ is exploring the complexity of romantic suspense, incorporating her interests in mixed martial arts and the military into her writing.

Learn more about Piper and her books at piperjdrake.com.

Military families enjoy Dog Beach on Pearl Harbor

I am giving away a print copy of EXTREME HONOR to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Let's chat about dogs - do you have a favorite breed?  name?  trick?  We are a feline family but I often care for friends' dogs, including a pug who ignores my cats. 

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, January 23, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, January 24.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

27416021

Coming in July 2016

23 comments:

  1. We tend more towards cats too. No favourite breed, but I do like dogs in general. My neighbour has the biggest chocolate brown poodle. He's just beautiful & so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this book to come out.......my favorite breed of dogs ---- poodle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have pets of any kind due to allergies, but my favorite breed of dog is Grand Pyrenees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dogs! My furbaby is named Sammie and he is a beagle/pointer mix. He looks more like a beagle but blue and white. It's fun to have a beagle with unusual colors, everyone notices him! He's also very smart and loves to cuddle, so he's the best reading buddy! My avatar is a pic of him when he was a puppy. I love reading books with dogs as secondary characters! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toy Tea Poodles. My Snoopy shakes hands and rolls over. Says momma and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a pet. However, my son did, and I looked after her a lot. She passed away in December. She was a Pomeranian, so I'm quite partial to the breed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a white spaniel canine I had two but one died so I only have 1 left

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a white spaniel canine I had two but one died so I only have 1 left

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our first dog was a papered beagle and she was our baby since we didn't have kids yet but she was a bit high strung. Our second dog was a rescue and mixed breed and was the easiest, sweetest and best dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dachshunds because of their crazy, loyal, hilarious personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always been a dog lover. The Golden Retriever is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dogs! I had a toy fox terrier when I was a kid -came from our neighbors. They also had beagles & german shorthair pointers that I loved to play with (especially the litters of puppies).

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're a golden retriever and feline family. Ok, really I love most dog breeds but my husband is stuck on Goldens, but I'm not complaining. I'm the driving force behind the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like cats and we have 5 but I do like big dogs and have had a few Boxers. They are really good family dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Golden Labs - my brother has one.
    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorites are my white German shepherd Sandy who passed away, and our current little small mutt Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a dog for the first time in my adult life. He's a Jack Russel Terrier/ Chihuahua mix. He's a cute little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have had many dogs. Our absolute favorites were our first, a sweet beagle mix, and our black lab mix who died last year at 17. We would gladly have another of either breed. Of course personalities differ, but we have had 3 beagles and all were nice dogs. We do prefer females.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never had dogs; I am allergic.
    Patty B43

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all kinds of dogs but am still sad at the loss of my furbaby even though it has been several years. Thanks for the spotlight, sounds like an exciting story!

    ReplyDelete