Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Romance Conventions and Book Signings


It is conference season!

- Lori Foster's Reader and Author Get Together is Friday, June 3 — Sunday, June 5, 2011 at the Cincinnati Marriott North at Union Centre, West Chester, Ohio. Check out the list of attending authors, editors, and publishers. Deadline to register is May 9. Unfortunately, I will still be in Hawaii but this is an event I look forward to attending once I move back to the mainland.


- Literacy Signing at the RWA National Convention. From the website,

The 2011 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing will take place on Tuesday, June 28, from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square. (A list of participating authors will be available soon.)

This event is open to the public at no cos.  Proceeds from the book sales benefit literary programs (as the books are donated by the publishers). It you are within driving distance of NYC, plan to attend this event - I'll be there.


- Kim's Post RWA Lunch in Columbus: I will be in Dayton, Ohio from July 1 - 18 (my children are attending Camp Grandma while I attend RWA). I know there are a few SOS Aloha followers in the Columbus area so I suggested lunch on Saturday, July 9 for us to meet (time and place TBD). Of course I'll have RWA giveaways! If you are within driving distance, please join us! More info to come as the date draws nearer.


- RomCon is Friday August 5 - Sunday, August 7 in Denver, Colorado. I attended last year's inaugural convention and enjoyed the intimate opportunities with many NYT's best selling authors. RomCon targets the reader of all genres!  Unfortunately, I will have just returned to Hawaii but this is another event I look forward to attending once I move back to the mainland. I have a few friends attending RomCon so I'll invite them for RomCon Recaps.

 
- Authors After Dark Book signing is Saturday, August 7, 2-4 pm, in the Doubletree Hotel, Philadelphia.  It is open to the public at no cost.  This year's conference is sold out, so consider next year's conference on August 8-12th at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in New Orleans!
 

Do you know of other conferences or book signings?  Send me the info and I'll add it to this blog!
 
Mahalo,
 
Kim in Hawaii

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely try to attend the Literacy Signing at RWA if I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to attend RomCon too. Unfortunately, it appears to be scheduled on the 1st week-end in August every year, which is also when Dublin Irish Festival is, which I volunteer at. :(

    ReplyDelete