Friday, January 6, 2017

Aloha to the RT Booklovers Convention, Beach Blanket Bingo, and Geri Krotow


The countdown begins for the RT Booklovers Convention in Atlanta (link). I  am participating in four events (link), including cohosting BEACH BLANKET BINGO with Kimberly Rocha (link):

Join Annette Funicello (Kim Rocha) & Frankie Avalon (Kim Lowe) for a special edition of Book Cover Bingo. Expect spontaneous singing, dancing, & flirting with lifeguards inspired by the beloved 60s film. Readers will join sun loving authors at their favorite beaches and compete for the book laden gift baskets ... perfect for the sand and surf!

Alison AimesChristi CaldwellJulia DayEileen Dreyer (AKA: Kathleen Korbel)Elizabeth EssexAvery Flynn, Maggie Mae Gallagher (AKA: Anya Summers)Andrew Grey (AKA: Dirk Greyson)Sharon HamiltonHeidi HormelJessica JamesHarper KincaidGeri KrotowTamra LassiterAnn LethbridgeSiera LondonKim LoweJanna MacGregor, Stacy McKitrickKate Pearce (AKA: Catherine Lloyd)Ella QuinnKimberly RochaJulie RoweTracy Solheim


I personally invited each author to participate ... Geri Krotow will bring her smile!  From her website (link),

Extended Twitter Version

A U.S. Naval Academy graduate and former Naval Intelligence Officer, Geri left her Naval career to pursue a writing career. She has travelled the world, living in such far-flung places as Whidbey Island, Washington State and Moscow, Russia. Geri enjoys creating love stories that stand the test of time, and with settings that she has personally experienced. She's lived it, now she writes it!

Bio told over cookies and coffee

Geri loves to write and will never have enough years to translate onto paper the characters and stories that persistently knock on her mind’s door. When not writing Geri loves to knit and bake. Cookie baking is a favorite, but knitting often replaces the baking as yarn doesn’t add the dimensions to her figure that the cookies tend to. Walking and yoga are other passions, as well as birds, dogs, and foreign languages.

32124279

I am reading (and enjoying) Geri's latest release, HER SECRET CHRISTMAS AGENT (Silver Valley P.D., Book 3):

Can a former marine and an undercover cop crack a deadly Christmas case?

When a cult threatens the high school where he teaches, ex-marine Mitch Everlock is on the case. His priority: protecting his students. His world is rocked when one of his pupils, Nika Pasczenko, reveals she's an undercover police officer! But can the agent with secrets of his own trust his partner-in-crime?

The last thing Nika expected on this investigation was meeting a sexy veteran who makes her heart light up like a Christmas tree. But with both their lives at risk, and the students in danger, neither of them can afford the slightest distraction. Especially one as big as falling in love just as a killer closes in…

2549426226071591
More book in the series ...


Stay tuned for my review! I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about your favorite kind of coffee and/or cookie.  I don't drink coffee but I would enjoy a hot chocolate with chocolate chip oatmeal cookie with Geri anytime.

2. Comments are open through Sunday, January 8, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, January 9.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Image and recipe from Not Just Cookies (link)




13 comments:

  1. Not a fan of flavored coffee. I like plain coffee with milk and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy strong coffee and will try the specialty coffees at shops on occasion. We have many favorite cookies to make, but since the kids are grown and have their own families, I haven't baked them much. We make a chocolate cherry cookie that is rich and delicious (chocolate drop cookie, maraschino cherry on top, with chocolate frosting poured over it). We have a Rum Ball recipe that is chocolatey rich and rather strong (we use bourbon instead of rum). Swiss Meringue Horns which melt in your mouth (a three step cookie but worth the trouble). The World's Best Cookie, a recipe I got from a friends mom in college back in the 60's. The are a combination of chocolate chip/nut/oatmeal/raisin cookie and are great. Haven't made them in forever. English Toffee Bars, quick and easy. Now I am wanting to bake. Still have too many sweets from christmas to even think about doing it. I would love to go to RT this year. Atlanta is only about 4 hours away. I went to Dallas and really enjoyed it. Your Military Event was nicely done. I sat with B. J. Daniels and her husband and enjoyed talking with them. We are planning a trip for the summer and I don't know if we will be leaving before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a very hot, full milk coffee. It's how I begin my day actually. Got to look after the bones.

    I do like chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too many cookies and coffee that's my faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite coffee is a hot mocha. Favorite cookie? Whichever one I'm lucky enough to be eating. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't drink coffee but a nice tea - English Breakfast would be nice with some gluten free sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good dark roast coffee with donut holes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have locally roasted coffee which I love. With any kind of cookie unless there are raisons involved. HATE RAISONS!! I don't know why but I do!
    And I'm old enough to have seen the Beach Blanket Bingo in the theater as a first release!! Yup! That old!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coffee! Recently my daughter and her husband came back from their honeymoon in Hawaii and brought me back some Hawaiian coffee. It's wonderful but sadly won't last very long lol. I grind my own beans and I like it strong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like a full body coffee, strong and hot with half & half. I love Cucidati Italian cookies but since we only have them during Christmas I also love Ginger snaps.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love caffeine coffee, mochoas
    Chocalate, macaedom cookies
    Thamks
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim! I hope to attend the convention, but it's not set in stone yet. I love chocolate chip cookies & hot chocolate. Not a coffee drinker.

    ReplyDelete