Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekly Winners, Eileen Dreyer, JAKE'S WAY, and Beach Blanket Bingo

Image result for sos aloha beach

We have winners at SOS Aloha from the past two weeks - LadbookFan, Gretchen, Glenda, Alexia, Girlygirlhoosier, and Denise win a book choice from my convention stash. Winners, please send your mailing address to sos.aloha@yahoo.com.

Award season is upon us ... romance author Eileen Dreyer takes to Facebook to share her thoughts on the winning gowns and winners' speeches. From her bio (link),

New York Times bestselling, award-winning author Eileen Dreyer, known as Kathleen Korbel to her Silhouette readers, has published 31 romance novels in most of the sub-genres, 8 medical-forensic suspenses, and 7 short stories.

A retired trauma nurse, Eileen lives in her native St. Louis with her husband, children, and large and noisy Irish family, of which she is the reluctant matriarch. She has animals but refuses to subject them to the limelight.

A frequent speaker at conferences, Eileen is also an addicted traveler, having sung in some of the best Irish pubs in the world, and admits she sees research as a handy way to salve her insatiable curiosity. She counts film producers, police detectives and Olympic athletes as some of her sources and friends. She’s also trained in forensic nursing and death investigation, which she figures could come in handy if this writing thing doesn’t pan out.


Eileen is rereleasing her classic Kathleen Korbel novels, including JAKE'S WAY, Wounded Heroes Collection No. 1:

Everybody knows Jake Kendall. Jake is a success story. Orphaned early, he did such a good job turning around a failing Wyoming horse ranch, he put his three siblings through school and gained a nationwide reputation.

Amanda Marlow is the epitome of an east coast author: bright, funny, curious. When she shows up at a cabin on Jake’s land to research a book, she threatens Jake’s entire world. She represents everything he longs for: freedom, exploration, learning. But Jake has a secret that could bring his entire life tumbling down. And if he lets Amanda close, she could expose it.


Eileen is joining us for Beach Blanket Bingo at the RT Booklovers' Convention (link),

Join Annette Funicello (Kim Rocha) & Frankie Avalon (Kim Lowe) for a special edition of Book Cover Bingo. Expect spontaneous singing, dancing, & flirting with lifeguards inspired by the beloved 60s film. Readers will join sun loving authors at their favorite beaches and compete for the book laden gift baskets ... perfect for the sand and surf!

Eileen's favorite beach is Inch Strand, Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry, Ireland.  From Dingleway.com (link),

Famous for being the place where an inch is actually three miles long, the fantastic beach at Inch has been chosen several times as a film location. Hollywood movies that are familiar household names include "Ryan's Daughter" and "Playboy of the Western World". With continuous barrage of long rolling waves that come crashing ashore, it is easy to see why this dramatic setting has been picked time and time again.

A popular attraction for bird-watchers is the nature reserve behind the banks of sand dunes on the strand. These wetlands are important wintering grounds for many ducks and waders.


I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about Wyoming or Ireland!  My husband briefly lived in Laramie, Wyoming, when he Air Force father earned his degree in Engineering through AFIT.  His mother often shares the story of moose walking down the street.  Hubby and I have visited County Kerry, Ireland - just gorgeous!

2. Comments are open through Sunday, February 5, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3. I'll post the winner on Monday, February 6.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City



13 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners. Would love to visit Ireland one day. My cousin visited and took a pic at the Blarney Stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GreAt places for setting in books
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather was Irish. I'd love to travel the family history one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been to Wyoming but I have been to Ireland a few times. I would love to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Wyoming but it's beautiful inpictures. I'm half Irish and have yet to visit. My daughter went and said it was gorgeous.
    Congrats winners.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congras to all the winners......enjoy! I have to admit that I know very little about Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to be one of the winners... I've been to Wyoming with my parents visiting the National Parks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, everyone!! Sadly, I've not visited either but not for lack of wanting to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to either place. I'd love to visit and tour Ireland, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Wyoming, but have read many books set there. My father was born in Northern Ireland, I've visited the south - would love to get back and see where Dad family had lived.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ireland is simply gorgeous! I've been there three times the most recent was last August. Can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to visit Ireland!

    I've been in the northern part of Wyoming a few times specifically the Jackson Hole, Grand Teton's and Yellowstone areas. My husband thinks he'd like to move up there but I could only live up there during the spring, summer, and fall. I don't do super cold or snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never been to Wyoming or Ireland, but I know people that love them both.
    ladbookfan813@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete