Friday, April 24, 2015

Aloha to Kate Angell and NO ONE LIKE YOU - Book Review

22715924

No One Expects a Curveball

For Rylan Cates, the gloriously sunny beachside town of Barefoot William may be home, but the pro baseball player needs to focus on spring training. Hiring a personal assistant to keep him and his four dogs organized for the next eight weeks is the first step--and Beth Avery is the perfect pinch hitter.

Beth is still looking for her place in the world, and a couple months caring for Rylan's two dachshunds, his golden retriever, and a Great Dane named Atlas should shore up her finances before she moves on. Except it's Atlas who won't budge, pushing her toward tanned, scruffy, sexy Rylan every chance he gets. One more strike and she's calling the dog out--unless she and Rylan admit that the attraction they're feeling is a game-winning grand slam. . .
 .



University of Tampa - my alma mater

Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. - Babe Ruth

NO ONE LIKE YOU opens with Beth Avery walking four dogs.  The great dane named Atlas decides to lay down and roll over in the street during Beth's trial run as a personal assistant for Rylan Cates, the aging star of the Richmond Rogues.   Rylan hires Beth for two months while his team enjoys spring training in his hometown, giving his full time assistant an extended honeymoon.  The temporary job is perfect for Beth as she wanders around the country, licking her wounds from a series of personal setbacks.   Rylan hires Beth over other applicants after his dogs bond with her ... and he decides she is not his type.  Yet he, too, finds her just as appealing as his dogs.   
Rylan is content with his life until he meets Beth.  He's the all American boy who realizes what he has been missing from his ideal life.  In turn, Beth begins to trust again.   NO ONE LIKE YOU is an easy breezy beach read ... which happens to take place in a beach town.  NO ONE LIKE YOU is the perfect way to usher in the summer.   

I follow Kate Angell on Facebook - she often shares her daily adventures with her elderly neighbors.  She also posts pictures of delicious food in honor of "national day" of celebrated dishes. Kate creates a cozy atmosphere for her fans ... I can hear her voice in NO ONE LIKE YOU.  

NO ONE LIKE YOU includes characters from the Barefoot William and Richmond Rogue series. 

NO ONE LIKE YOU is a heartwarming read worthy of your time.


Clearwater Beach could be the inspiration for Barefoot William

I am giving away a book choice from my convention stash to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about dogs, beaches, and/or baseball.

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, May 2.   

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, May 3.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Kate and her books at kateangell.com.


130605261612914118223059

Other books in the Barefoot Williams series 


22 comments:

  1. We just adopted a dog from our local county animal shelter. After our beloved white shepherd passed away last year I wasn't sure when we would adopt again. Now we have a little cockapoo or havanese type mix named Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching dogs at the beach - like when they run from the incoming surf, but then end up jumping in - so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to beach weather because right now we're in a cold snap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beach. We head up to the coast as often as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a beaches & dogs gal, but not so much a baseball fan... the food is fine and I've enjoyed spring training games over spring break [Midwest winters can make sitting in the sun in FL at a game enjoyable]... but those regular season games.. meh... I don't know enough about the game to enjoy it.. and would rather read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beach... We take the kids every summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs are a delight to watch at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have dogs, love beaches but don't live near any and I love baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a cat person, but I love love love going to the beach. The warm sand between your toes, the salty sea air & a good romance novel at hand :D What's not to like?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's been cold and rainy here so my poor pup hasn't gotten all the walks that he wants :) thanks for the fun post! This looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love baseball; watch it all the time - I am 95 years old!!!!! All my family loves it as well.
    Gmapeony

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had two wonderful dogs, I enjoy the Pirates, and my daughter is having a destination wedding next month so I'll get to go to the beach - yay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I was a kid living in California we would go to the beach every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love a hero who loves dogs. I have trouble relating to people who don't like animals at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the beach, but rarely go. My son has a condo right on the beach, so maybe I might make the effort to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dogs tend to be pretty good judges of character. If my dog didn't like someone, I would take a much closer look at them to find out just what was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like the beach
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love dogs but we are a cat family know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Los Angeles Dodgers - am a fanatic - stay up late watching or listening to the games on my kindle. Going to see the play the end of July.

    Am not a pet person, but dogs are so cute. Our son's dog is cute a vg, but he is not well and my son will be so upset when he goes to heaven.
    patoct

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the beach! I love walking along the shore. It's so relaxing. I wished I lived closer to one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have 2 dogs. I have an 11 year old Chihuahua-Yorkie mix named Angel and a 3 year old Chihuahua-Jack Russell Terrier mix named Lucky. They are like my children. I would be lost without ttem.

    ReplyDelete