Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Wednesday's Warriors - Authors connected to the Military




As the RT Booklovers' Convention draw near, I meet more authors connected to the military.  It is time to keep a running list ... and we'll start with those supporting the 12th Annual Military Tribute at the convention:

Heather Ashby - Navy vet, Navy spouse, and Army mom

Kara Braden - Air Force spouse

Diana Cosby - Navy vet and military mom

Chanel Cleeton - Air Force spouse

Emmy Curtis - military spouse

Anne Elizabeth - Navy spouse

Gail Hart - Air Force vet

Lorraine Heath - Air Force brat

Elle James - Air Force brat, Air Force vet, and Army vet


Elizabeth Langston - Air Force vet

Kennedy Layne - Marine Corps spouse

Siera London - Navy vet

Merline Lovelace - Air Force brat, Air Force vet, and Air Force spouse

Donna Michaels - Army National Guard spouse

Crista McHugh - Air Force vet

Lindsay McKenna - Navy vet 

Ella Quinn - Army vet

Jamie Rae - Air Force vet and Air Force spouse


Susan Stoker - Army spouse

Paige Tyler - military spouse


Susan Ann Wall - Army spouse

Rececca Yarros - military spouse


I know there are more authors connected to the military ... so let's add 'em to the list.  I will update this list every month with names submitted in the comments or by email to sos.aloha@yahoo.com.

One randomly selected commenter wins a book choice from my convention stash.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Leave a comment about:

- an author connected to the military 

a favorite book from one of the above author

- a favorite military themed book

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, April 25, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, April 26.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Air Force vet and Air Force spouse




42 comments:

  1. I enjoy Lindsay McKenna's series. I have been reading them for fears and look forward to the new ones.
    I had no idea there were so many military veterans among the romance writing community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the RomVets website for more veterans who write romance: http://www.romvets.com/

      Delete
  2. I'm reading Lorraine Heath's 'Lost Lord's of Pembroke' series - enjoying it very much.
    Suzanne Brockmann writes wonderful military stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Lorraine's books! Suzanne is part of an anthology, WAY OF THE WARRIOR, available in early May:

      http://www.amazon.com/Way-Warrior-Suzanne-Brockmann/dp/1492608998

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out to the military authors, Kim. I'll pass the word, as we say in the Navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure to recognize the incredible women in the military ohana (family).

      Delete
  4. I've enjoyed many of Catherine Mann's military themed stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! I'd like to give a HUGE Thank You to all the men and women in our armed services as well as the military spouses and families!

    Jessica Scott is an author and active duty Army officer. http://www.jessicascott.net/index.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica is a member of the RomVets - veterans who write romance. I believe she is one of the few active duty. We also have writers who serve in the reserves.

      Delete
  6. Love uniform hot for blaze book
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though your list is probably just the tip of the ice-berg I am impressed.

    I enjoy Mary Daughtridge's SEALs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Jamie Rae's Call Sign Karma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to meeting Jamie for the first time at RT/Dallas. We have many things in common - we are both AF vets and spouses.

      Delete
  9. I love SEAL books.....too many of my favorite authors. are listed above.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great list and I will make a point to search out their books. I used to call myself an Army Mom, but my son is a retired drill sergeant (10 years). He helped me with the correct wordage in my military novella, Unwrapping Chris, set on an army base. I am also the proud daughter of a Navy veteran of WW2. Dad is 89 and living in the Daytona Beach VA home. My late F-in-L was a lifetime air force LT. Col. I have a proud family lineage dating back to the French & Indian War and we fly the American Flag proudly outside our NC home.
    Nancy Lee Badger

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about Marliss Melton? I think she is one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marliss is connected to the military ... and writes sexy military heroes!

      Delete
  12. I enjoy Sara Arden's military series, and Robyn Carr's Virgin River's heroes have a military background.
    patoct

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized Sara is also Saranna De Wylde - she has sponsored several military support projects. Robyn is an Air Force spouse and Army mom!

      Delete
  13. Wow, so many spouses, vets, etc. Their all a credit to us. I love Lorraine Heath's books. Thank you to all the vets, spouses (me....LOL) who've had to put up with our hubbies leaving us to do their duty to their country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane, for serving as a military spouse!

      Delete
  14. That's a long list & there are so many new to me authors! Going to have to check them out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting how many served in your country, the Netherlands. My husband did!

      Delete
  15. Cindy Dees, USAF, 84-92, Pilot and Cathy Maxwell, USN,76-82, Intelligence are a couple that I've recently read and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy and Cathy are also part of the RomVets. I love listening to their stories from active duty. Both also write endearing stories.

      Delete
  16. haven't read any of those authors, so no fav book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give these authors a try to find your favorite book!

      Delete
  17. Very cool list. Will need to check out these authors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lorraine Heath is a favorite of mine. Her Texas Rogues series is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine is lovely in person ... and her books are fabulous!

      Delete
  19. I love Lorraine Heath's, Elle James, Lindsay McKenna, and Ella Quinn books. The other authors are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jessica Scott was the only one I could think of, but see she's already been suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of my favorites is Melissa Schroeder! She has some steamy stories about yummy military men! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Lorraine Heath's western historicals.
    gmapeony

    ReplyDelete