Thursday, April 14, 2016

Aloha to Annie Burrows and IN BED WITH THE DUKE - Book Review

27834961

Annie Burrows is celebrating the release of IN BED WITH THE DUKE on April 19, 2016:

"Vile seducer of women!"

Of all the accusations Gregory, Duke of Halstead, has ever had leveled at him, this is perhaps the most offensive and the least accurate. But as he has just woken naked in bed with no memory of the night before, next to a beautiful stranger, perhaps it's time to reevaluate!

Innocent Prudence is just as shocked when she awakens! But as these strangers begin to unravel the plot behind the scandalous circumstances, she discovers the delicious consequences of finding herself in bed with…a duke!




To simply wake up every morning a better person than when I went to bed. - Sidney Poitier

Two unlikely lovers - a soldier's daughter and a disheveled traveler - find themselves in bed together at a posting inn, not remembering how they came to be naked with the other. Mayhem breaks out and Prudence's aunt abandons her at the inn. Yet the stranger from her bed carries her away from the scene. Thus starts a journey of the heart for Prudence and Gregory.

IN THE BED WITH A DUKE starts off with madcap comedy of Prudence and Gregory unexpectedly finding themselves dazed and confused as a series of guests rubber neck their way through the hall outside their room.  The tone turns slightly dark as Prudence realizes she is helpless until her mystery man turned white knight comes shining through to give her a new lease on life.

I appreciated Burrows' details in bringing Regency England to life in the opening scene, spotlighting the prejudices against "fallen" women and the chivalry of the nobility.  Burrows gives our hero and heroine an adventure that allows the to discover the identity of the other while understanding their own nature. Burrows offered witty banter and authentic characters to create a sweet and satisfying romance.

Recommended read for fans of Regency romance and class conflicts.

I received a print copy from the author for an honest review. 



I am giving away Regency swag to one randomly selected commenter. To enter the giveaway,


1.  Leave a comment about "inns" - have you visited any historical hostelry or modern resorts? Hubby and I spotted many historic inns on our tour of Boston (link).

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, April 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, April 17.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Annie and her books at annie-burrows.co.uk.


The Captain's Christmas BrideA Mistress for Major Bartlett (Brides of Waterloo #2)

18 comments:

  1. It's been a very long time since I stayed at an inn. Nothing terribly historic in that line around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I never have I wish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't traveled much and have also never been at an inn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't traveled much in quite a while but there are many in Cape May, I love Grace Burrough's books. Look forward to reading her newest In Bed With The Duke.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have visited a few of each but more modern resorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading about inns in my romance books. I do not think I have stayed at any!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I've never stayed at a inn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby and I haven't stayed at any inns but we would love to stay at a bed and breakfast someday.
    The book sounds like a great read and I enjoy historical romance. I've never read this author either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was delighted with the post this morning about Annie Burrow's book, In Bed With the Duke. I've not read anything of hers before but I intend to change that. And I don't know how historical they were, but during the Summer of 1986 hubby and I spent a couple of months in England and Scotland and stayed in "old" bed and breakfast inns. I liked the charm and conversation (and the wonderful breakfasts) at these places. They beat motels and hotels anytime! Thanks for the post, Kim. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old Inns - I've never stayed in one, but I want to. I've been in a few for a meal - some were actually very old, and some just made to look old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to an Inn or even a bed and breakfast. One of these days I'd like to though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter got married in a historical inn/hotel. Sadly it was bought out after that and everything was modernized.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only Inn that I've visited was Jamaica Inn in Cornwall, for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been to a couple of historical villages - Old Bethpage Village on Long Island and Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. They were more like museums than working inns. Interesting, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband and I stayed at a Victorian inn in Cape May, and we stayed at a late 1700s inn in Southern Maryland.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, we have stayed in inns, some registered as historic places during our travels.


    ReplyDelete