Monday, April 11, 2016

Aloha to Melissa Cutler and ONE HOT SUMMER (One and Only Texas) - Book Review


Welcome to Dulcet, Texas, home of the legendary Briscoe Ranch Resort, where one woman will discover that even love is bigger in the Lone Star State.

Celebrity wedding planner Remedy Lane is Hollywood royalty—until a scandal sends her packing to the wilds of Texas. She has a knack for leaving disaster in her wake, but she’s determined to reboot her career at Briscoe Ranch, a luxury resort known for extravagant weddings. Little does she know that weddings don’t happen at the resort without the approval of the town’s cowboy-swaggering, too-hot-for-his-own-good fire chief, Micah Garrity.

Micah knows trouble when he sees it, and all it takes is one glimpse of Remedy’s princess airs for him to know he’s met his match. Too bad he can’t stop thinking about her—even when she brings about one disaster after another at the resort. He and Remedy clash at every turn, but they can’t stop the sparks flying between them. They come from such different worlds—does love stand a chance or will this fire burn too hot for either of them to handle?


Don't miss the first book in Melissa Cutler's One and Only Texas series!

AMAZON
BARNES & NOBLE
KOBO
ITUNES

Savage Volunteer Firehouse

Summer turns me upside down. - The Cars, "Magic"

Remedy Lane arrives at the legendary Briscoe Ranch resort to resurrect her career as a wedding planner.  Micah Garrity stands in her way as the fire chief/fire marshal who takes exception to the resort's lax compliance with fire codes.  Micah knows first hand how fire can scar families. He has no intention of being distracted by a sweet talking Californian transplant.


Cutler also balances the serious undertones of fire safety with physical comedy - Remedy is a walking disaster waiting to happen. Despite her clumsy persona, Remedy radiates raw sexuality that draws Micah into her world.  Cutler delivers snappy dialogue as the city girl squares off with the country boy for one hot summer.   

Recommended read for fans of heroes with swagger and heroines with grit.

I received a print copy from the author for an honest review.


New York Fire Department

I am giving away "summer" swag to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1. Leave a comment about fire houses - have you toured?  Rode a fire truck?  Chatted with firemen? We've visited plenty of fire houses with the Boy Scouts!

2. Comments are open through Saturday, April 16, 10 pm in Baltimore.


3. I'll post the winner on Sunday, April 17.

Mahalo,


Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Melissa and her books at melissacutler.net.

Coming in October ...





17 comments:

  1. I've never been a tour at a firehouse but I have talked to a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is a firefighter, so I've toured her station, sat in the engine, and chatted to the other firemen. I've also toured a fire station in England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother, cousins and uncle are all local firefighters. I have toured many a station and talked to many! Their job is certainly sacrificing and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid we lived 1/2 a block away from a firehouse. They gave tours to kids each year so I was able to sit inside one. My brother is a retired firefighter also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tour our local firehouse when I've attending their charity pancake breakfast with my kids and hubby. That fire pole is intimidating up close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never toured one although we have one just a few minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my town's fire house is around the corner from my house - I've been there for several events over the years - it's a volunteer house - those people are kept very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No never done any of those

    ReplyDelete
  9. The local fire brigade always comes to visit the children at Kindie. They talk about fire safety, dress up in all of their gear & let the children climb through the big red truck. Before the drought we used to play with the hose too. They do roll off with their siren blaring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The local fire brigade always comes to visit the children at Kindie. They talk about fire safety, dress up in all of their gear & let the children climb through the big red truck. Before the drought we used to play with the hose too. They do roll off with their siren blaring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No I have not rode a firetruck, but it seems like a cool thing to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My stepfather and brother-in-law are/were both volunteer fir fighters. I visited often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haven't done those things

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have breakfast once a year at the fire station. They have a benefit breakfast for the. Community.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been to tours to so many fire houses over the years with my boys. I've never ridden on a fire truck, but I have climbed up in one. I have ridden in an ambulance: once as a patient, once to accompany my husband, and once was a "fun ride" as a kid when a friend's mom was in nurse's training (it was the old style with a station wagon look).

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. No but would love too, love fireman
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete