Sunday, July 27, 2014

Aloha to Fern Britton and THE HOLIDAY HOME

17667719

Fern Britton is a celebrated TV presenter in England ... and Cornwall is a celebrate summer getaway.  

Two sisters, one house, a lifetime of secrets…

Each year, the Carew sisters embark on their yearly trip to the family holiday home, Atlantic House, set on a picturesque Cornish cliff.

Prudence, the hard-nosed businesswoman, is married to the meek and mild Francis, but she’s about to get a shock reminder that you should never take anything for granted. Constance, loving wife to philandering husband Greg, has always been outwitted by her manipulative sibling, but this year she’s finally had enough.

When an old face reappears on the scene, years of simmering resentments reach boiling point, but little do the women know that a long-buried secret is about to bite them all on the bottom. Is this one holiday that will push them all over the edge, or can Constance and Pru leave the past where it belongs?


Porthcurno Bay and Logan Rock Headland
Released to Public Domain (link)

I am giving away a print copy of THE HOLIDAY HOME to one randomly selected commenter.  To enter the giveaway,

1.  Do you have a favorite escape for the summer, even if it is the local library?

2.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 2, 10 pm in Baltimore.  

3.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 3.  

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Learn more about Fern and her books at fern-britton.com.

13 comments:

  1. The library is definitely one of my favorite summer escapes! I am there all the time. I also like to head out to our bay and bring a book, find a shady spot, and enjoy reading near the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to end up to the coast to visit family. I also love any place cool in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anywhere by the water! Thanks for the giveaway!

    Barbara A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No summertime escapes for me, especially since we opened the store last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to the library. However, my favorite escape is to go home to England for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disneyland is my favorite escape. I love how I can be a kid, eat what I want and wear a silly hat. I always get minnie ears and my husband and I have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any place cool! I don't like the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Library, yes, if only it were in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby's family's lakeside cottage in northern Michigan.

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beach with a good book is a great getaway.

    ReplyDelete